Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
This role is for a Planning Analyst that will support the Southeast region in Teradata Americas Sales organization. The analyst is responsible for revenue recognition, monthly and quarterly financial analysis, monthly and quarterly forecasts, annual plan development, management review support, and other general financial planning. On a day-to-day basis, this support includes providing information, analysis and recommendations that allow the sales/service management to more efficiently and effectively manage the business, while growing revenue and improving profitability. This role reports to the Financial Planning Manager of the Southeast.
- High business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial data, and perform transactional accounting as required.
- Exceptional understanding of revenue recognition policy and ability to apply to multiple element transactions
- Ability to review and interpret complex contract/customer agreement detail
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate through all levels of the organization
- Use Detail-oriented approach and excellent interpersonal skills to work closely with sales and sales management
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives
- Ability to utilize information technology to meet team and customer requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 6 years related work experience
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification and work experience
- Self-directed individual
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, GAAP, and software revenue recognition SOP 97-2
- Experience in financial reporting and/or accounting functions
- Knowledge of Business Objects and Hyperion
- Strong capability in Excel and other windows applications
- Experience in Financial Planning