The Sr. Financial Analyst is a high visibility position given the necessary interface with various senior managers/other departments in the organization and the exposure to new planning and growth initiatives. This position provides financial support through experience and consistently demonstrated knowledge in preparing, reviewing, consolidating, explaining, and communicating financial data for one or more business units. The Sr. Financial Analyst also oversees business unit budget process, strategic planning, standards development, capital projects, and fixed asset management as well as provides support on corporate finance projects. In addition, this position will assist with preparing management presentations, dashboards, and predictive metrics and provide decision support analysis to be used by management to facilitate informed decisions and to generate valuable insights and transparencies around all areas of the business.
- Prepare actual financial reporting and variance explanations.
- Lead the annual budget and strategic planning process, as well as consolidate and analyze the forecast and the corresponding reporting schedules and presentations to ensure they are completed timely.
- Monthly financial close and related flash reporting of revenue and expense variance analysis with accompanying related commentary for management review.
- Daily cost accounting tasks to insure the accurate capture of data on labor and material costs, inventory levels, work-in-process and expense items.
- Manage and prepare various levels of financial analysis.
- Identify cost and inventory variances and investigate their origin. Make recommendations regarding changes to minimize variances or to improve company cost accounting reporting procedures.
- Prepare cost analysis for new product design and current product re-designs, pricing changes, and special projects. Provide support to sales personnel by assisting with sales quotes, discount multiplier analysis, and special design request computations.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of financial results and consistency with corporate and business unit accounting policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external resources to ensure that the needs of the business are met and aligned with long term objectives.
- Seek and support continuous improvement and enhanced efficiency by leveraging technology and eliminating unnecessary reporting and processes.
- Develop tools to synthesize data from the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning system into usable information.
- Utilize several different software applications to prepare reports, documents and presentations.
- Perform capital justifications and post audits
- Prepare key strategic and business analysis, key metric tracking, and provide support to the decision-making process.
- Provide an in-depth review of sales and gross profit/margin results.
- Provide proactive business improvement ideas to other team members and company leaders.
- Demonstrate above average understanding of working capital management to influence areas for improvement.
- Demonstrate above average understanding of capital project analysis through knowledge and support of assigned business unit(s)
- Demonstrate above average understanding of processes and controls across finance and related supporting systems.
- Minimum 5 -10 years of progressive financial/accounting experience required.
- Work requires a professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, which is equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regular four-year college program in Finance, Accounting, or other related field.
- Manufacturing knowledge and experience is required.
- Above average ERP (SAP preferred) and Excel experience, including strong modeling required.
- Moderate to extensive analytical and problem solving ability required.
- Demonstrated above average skills in budgeting, forecasting, analysis and cash flow - Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work through personal initiative.
- Work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented to handle in-depth, special projects.
- Ability to successfully communicate/gain cooperation with all levels of management and support personnel within a manufacturing environment.