Amazon seeks a Sr. Financial Analyst to play a key role on the Amazon Global Logistics (AGL) Finance team. The AGL business builds cross-border logistics and distribution capabilities globally and also operates e-Commerce fulfillment capabilities in emerging regions. This specific role will own critical finance analysis required to support our country expansion strategy including cost benchmarking, financial planning and business development activities. More specifically, the person in this role is responsible for:
· Building complex financial models and analytical tools to support ongoing business evaluation including cross-region benchmarking of fulfillment operations.
· Providing financial oversight and controllership related to both internal business development and external partner terms/agreements.
· Work with tax, accounting, technology teams to create financial processes to develop capabilities in new countries.
· Facilitating regular financial reviews with business leadership and other key stakeholders.
· Ability to access and synthesize large data sets will be crucial for success in this role. Amazon finance teams work closely with their business partners, so any candidate should be able to work well with cross functional teams.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in business, finance, accounting or a related field
· Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
· The ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable conclusions
· 5+ years of relevant Finance experience
· Exquisite written and oral communication skills combined with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
· The right individual will have solid business judgment and controllership focus
· This individual should have strong PC modeling skills including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, and SQL
· MBA/CPA/CFA preferred
· Experience with Oracle Financials, Cognos, Essbase preferred
· Ability to thrive and grow quickly in a fast growing company
· Highly analytical and detail oriented
· Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
· Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
Job ID: 847381