Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
- Work with the Manager and Senior Manager for:
- Ensuring the team responsibilities are carried out and deadlines are met.
- Monitoring the completion of all projects including those related to departmental objectives
- Recommending best practices and implementing improved processes and modifying or re-engineering where applicable.
2. Assist in the development and preparation of various financialreports as follows:
- Monthly production of flashreports and administrative expenses report package, which includes a comprehensive Total Plan section, Divisional reporting, cost allocation and Investment related expense analysis. Liaise with budget coordinators to understand and be able to provide commentary around budget vs actual explanations. Within the report provide relevant insight, analysis and trends.
- To maintain and develop (as required) the requiredreporting facilities to invoice the Province of Ontario for the matching of member contributions.
- Ensure timely and meaningful analysis of the Retirement Compensation Arrangement's (RCA) operating results, financial and actuarial position, and reforecast projected results based on the plan's experience.
- Financial and Divisional dashboard support.
3. Support in the budget process:
· Assist in the planning and co-ordination of the Planbudget and forecast process. Liaise with budget coordinators, cost centre managers within the planning, preparation, consolidation and reporting phase of the cycle.
· Involved in the preparation and development of the budget book for distribution to Executive Team and the Audit & Actuarial Committee. Provide content and analysis for powerpoint presentations to the Executive Team and the Audit & Actuarial Committee and be ready to assist as necessary.
4. Cost allocations – Work with cost centre managers and budget coordinators to ensure the cost allocations are in line with methodology, are consistently and appropriately applied.
5. Budget system – be the organisation wide subject matter expert and administrator for the budget system. Appropriately leverage the system to recommend methods to automate reporting, enhance the use experience during the budget cycle and provide query and reporting capabilities for the budget coordinators.
6. Research and identify requirements of users as recommended by the Manager and Senior Manager further enhance existing reporting.
7. Participate in special projects as assigned, in providing the required technical accounting and financialreporting specification.
- Participate in the development of the project plan, in the research and analysis of alternative solutions, and in the provision of recommendations.
- Conduct system testing.
- Assist in implementation.
- Document and train.
8. Provide input to goals and objectives of financialreporting group.
- Minimum of five years experience in accounting/finance department with project experience.
Relevant university degree as well as advanced degree or designation such as MBA, CA, CMA or CGA.
Good knowledge of accounting theory and very good practical understanding of financialreporting, budgeting and cost accounting including related methodology, techniques and procedures.
Excellent analytical ability, judgement and independent and creative thinking to identify research and interpret pertinent information identify solutions and make decisions and recommendations.
Good knowledge of computerized systems to specify user systems needs and maintain system controls.
Effective communication skills both written and ver
- Job ID: 806