FCCI Insurance Group is seeking a career oriented Senior Financial Analyst. In this role, the selected individual will be assisting in the coordination, administration and enhancement of financial and operating budgets and forecasts, as well as developing computer models for the purpose of analyzing, forecasting and controlling financial data relating to insurance operations, and new projects. The individual will analyze and evaluate financial and operating implications of complex financial data and make recommendations to enhance insurance processes and profitability and will also be responsible for preparation of financial assessments of operating activities, capital investments, and fiscal reporting to Insurance associations and governmental departments. This position is located at our Sarasota, Florida home office.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in accounting, business, finance, or related degree (Relevant, progressively responsible work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required education)
- Five years’ experience in the finance field, specifically in financial analysis, planning, reporting, statistics, and financial statements, etc.
- Experience working in any ERP and/or budgeting/forecasting systems , i.e. Cognos TM1
- Advanced knowledge of finance, financial analysis and financial reporting
- Advanced understanding of the methods of data collection
- Advanced knowledge of budgeting and forecasting processes
- Advanced knowledge Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Solid working knowledge of financial modeling using computer applications
- Must be detail-oriented and proactive with strong abilities to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of actual to plan variance reports
- Ability to analyze financial data and solve fiscal issues arising from insurance operations
- Ability to use financial modeling and tax software
EOE / Drug Free Workplace