Eaton's Aerospace Division is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to join our team! This position is based at the Jackson, MI facility.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $77249.97 - $113299.96 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations. What you'll do:
This position serves as the Sr. Financial Analyst for the Jackson, MI manufacturing plant within the Aerospace Group's Fluid & Electrical Distribution Division. This position is responsible for performing all accounting functions, financial reporting, and analysis for the Jackson, MI ledgers and supports the government accounting and reporting requirements. This includes performing month-end closing and forecasting requirements, variance analysis, commentary, balance sheet reconciliations, and leading profit planning activities. This position also provides accurate, timely advice and guidance to the Jackson, MI management team including departmental budget analysis, inventory reporting, and cost analysis. The Sr. Financial Analyst requires a high level of problem solving skills and the ability to communicate effectively across functional lines.
- Perform sales and margin reporting
- Perform financial planning and analysis activities (forecasting, annual profit plan, etc.)
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations
- Troubleshoot existing accounting systems to correct errors/problems so they do not repeat
- Support development of new procedures and process improvements to enhance financial control and reporting
- Perform month-end journal entries and analysis and SOX requirements
- Prepare monthly forecasts
- Lead annual profit planning activities
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements
- Measure, analyze and explain variances and provide commentary
- Assist in maintaining accurate standard and current cost system
- Conduct physical inventory per Eaton Financial Policy
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an Accounting or Finance role required
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 miles of Jackson, MI will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Experience within the manufacturing industry and/or Aerospace industry preferred
- Previous audit/internal controls/SOX experience a plus
- Working Knowledge and understanding of Encore/DFT
- Oracle or other ERP experience along with advanced Microsoft skills preferred
- Government Accounting and Reporting experience preferred
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.