At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
This position is responsible for developing and managing division level budgets and forecasts, as well as analyzing, interpreting and communicating timely and unbiased financial information to management to inform critical business decisions.
How you will make an impact:
- Drive planning, budgeting and forecasting process by partnering with business owners.
- Responsible for monthly financial performance reporting and communications, including trend and variance analysis, to functional and finance leaders.
- Work independently or collaboratively with cross-functional teams to perform sophisticated, high-impact persuasive analysis that drives strategic decision-making for all areas of the business.
- Manage key department processes and projects, such as cost allocations, profitability analysis, scenario analysis, rate review, cost benefit analysis, etc.
- Develop and maintain complex models.
- Identify opportunities and lead process improvement efforts to achieve operational efficiency.
- Mentor junior members of the team and oversee their work.
- Drive efforts to improve financial and business acumen of partners across the enterprise.
- Support development of analysis, including key drivers that impact business outcome.
- Interpret financial and other data to deliver insights and support decision making for business partners.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar discipline; MBA is a plus
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in financial planning & analysis
- Able to effectively coordinate work and communicate across disparate groups of individuals, functions, and levels in the organization
- PC literacy required; Excellent MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience with ERP and Planning applications, such as Oracle/Hyperion, SAP, IBM/Cognos required (Oracle/Hyperion preferred)
- Knowledge of health insurance industry desirable
- Strong organizational/time management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Oracle, Hyperion Planning System and Essbase preferred
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts and principles