Senior Financial Analyst
Less than 5 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
RJ Byrd has recently been asked to hire a Senior Financial Analyst for an organization based in DFW. This opportunity will work for a talented Finance leader and have exposure to Strategy, FP&A and Corporate Development which should offer a well-rounded career development opportunity. The Financial Planning and Analysis team is primarily responsible for supporting the Executive Team by providing assistance in multiple areas including forecasting, budgeting, and ad hoc analysis. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, financial analysis and reporting, ensuring the accuracy of data, enhancing and automating business processes, and assisting with corporate initiatives, as needed.
- Develop financial models to support short and long term forecasting.
- Structure/Build detailed financial models to supportinvestment decisions. These modeling activities include creating financial statements (integrated financial statement model), ROI and IRR calculations.
- Project net working capital and Revolver/Cash needs, evaluate Capital Expenditure requests and monitor bank covenants and leverage ratios.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to internal clients, ad hoc requests, standard recurring reporting, and audit confirmations.
- Analyze and interpret performance-related data and effectively communicate results to management.
- Lead the construction of internal presentations related to monthly results, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Assist in managing communications between various departments.
- Identify and implement process enhancement within FP&A in order to streamline reporting and improve response time to requests.
- Ongoing support for business owners as requirements change.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Solid quantitative and qualitative analysis skills to generate and validate critical concepts and extract insight and conclusions based on data.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- High capacity for strategic thought and the ability to solve complex business problems.
- Possess an understanding of financial systems and methods to aggregate data, prepare professionally formatted reports.
- Strong attention to detail in analytical assessments; experienced in developing and maintaining high-quality reports and assessments.
- A self-teacher, self-motivated and quick learner able to quickly pick up the technical skills necessary for any project and immediately add value to the team.
- The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- The ability to work independently and operate effectively in a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and manage time in a deadline-driven environment.
- Hard working, detail-oriented, and committed to producing great end results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related business field.
- 2-4years of experience in Big 4 Accounting Firm, transaction services, private equity, investment banking, or otherfinance-related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Expertise in Excel Pivot Tables; PowerPivot experience a plus.
- Hyperion Essbase / Oracle Smart View, Oracle Planning (PBCS), and Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus.