Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
Our location in Austin, TX currently has an opportunity for a Sr. Financial Analyst.We are seeking an FP&A professional supporting Cardiac Rhythm Management US Commercial teams . In this position you will be partnering with various levels of business teams to drive financial ownership, forecast accuracy, cost efficiency, and business excellence. Scope of responsibilities include financial planning, forecasting, reporting and consolidation of US P&L. Responsibilities also include headcount and project spends, preparation of presentations for month-end and forecast results, and strategic ad hoc analyses.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop budgets and forecasts in support of annual Plan and quarterly LBE (Latest Best Estimate) for Division Functions. Perform variance analysis and identify key drivers in support of business performance improvement and strategic decision-making. Support reporting and commentary to Division for P&L and Headcount.
- Perform monthly accounting responsibilities for month-end close including journey entry preparation, spend/headcount review, variance analyses, and reporting of month end results to management.
- Conduct regular financial reviews with business partners to communicate financial performance and key business issues and provide valuable insight to help business achieve financial goals.
- Assistance in consolidation of financials from various areas global manufacturing sites and Divisional Functions, and provide effective communication to leadership on business performance in order to identify opportunities and drive improvement. Scope of financials including month end close results, quarterly forecasts, and annual Plan.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses to support complex decision making within US Commercial global manufacturing operations, and present recommendations to management and business leaders; serve as financial lead in cross-functional team environments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Minimum 5 years of accounting / financial planning and analysis experience, with manufacturing / costing background preferred;
- BS in Accounting / Finance required;
- Skill set:
- Self-motivated and proactive, setting high standards for success;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Great communication skills and ability to articulate results based on audience;
- Quick learner and adaptable to changes and new environment.
- Technical proficiency:
- Proficiency with Excel (e.g. Pivot table, common Excel functionalities), Word, and PowerPoint; strong experience with SAP ERP and Hyperion Planning/Essbase systems preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities