Cox Automotive is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to support budgeting/forecasting/long-range planning activities, month-end reporting activities, and ad-hoc financial analysis for various corporate G&A functions. Candidates must have a solid understanding of P&L statements, various finance/accounting concepts, variance analysis, financial modeling and business case modeling. Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment. Candidates must have the ability to operate and work across functional groups in a matrixed organization. To support various corporate G&A business partners effectively, candidates must be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization including senior executives. Effective communication of analysis, building strong business partner relationships and building executive-level presentations are essential in this role, as are interpersonal skills. This position reports to the Sr. Finance Manager.
- Provide finance support for various corporate G&A functions.
- Develop and maintain key month-end reporting packages for corporate G&A functions that measure financial results vs. budget/forecast and prior year.
- Perform "gap-closure" analysis by interpreting financial data, completing variance analysis and identifying key expense drivers to detect expense trends and make recommendations based on risks and opportunities.
- Assist with the planning, coordination and development of annual P&L budgets, quarterly forecasts and long-range plans.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and develop financial models and business cases to support functional G&A business leaders with key business decisions.
- Have an ability to analyze large amounts of raw data and then repackage, simplify and determine key takeaways from the results.
- Evaluate business performance by developing reporting tools to ensure the company achieves desired results from key business decisions and initiatives.
- Assist with the development of management presentations for an executive-level audience resulting from financial analysis and business case analysis.
- Assist with providing recommendations to increase our effective use of our financial systems and tools to meet our analytic and reporting needs.
- Complete special projects and prepare ad hoc analysis and reports as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or an equivalent combination of work experience and education in a financial environment required. Advanced Degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience with a strong focus in financial planning (budget/ forecast), financial analysis and business case modeling.
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts, practices and procedures (e.g. IRR, NPV, DCF, payback, etc.).
- Demonstrated analytical ability and high degree of intellectual curiosity with track record of delivered results.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required, including logical and reference formulas, financial functions, use of pivot tables, best practice in financial model structure/design, assumption toggling, charting/graphing and formatting for executive presentations.
- Experience with Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Reporting/Essbase is a strong plus.
- Proven ability to prepare executive level presentations and insights.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with flexibility and willingness to balance multiple, changing priorities and ability to work under tight deadlines. Experienced in organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating one's own work.
- Advanced MS PowerPoint skills preferred, with an emphasis on effective, professional presentation design/formatting.