PFM is hiring! We are looking for our next Senior Financial Analyst, with an analytical mindset and strong organization skills, to join our family!
so if you are no stranger to collaborating to deliver phenomenal work, then this is definitely an opportunity for you to explore!
We are seeking someone preferably based in California. This position can be office based in Carlsbad, CA or can be a work from home (remote) opportunity from California - but read more below
At Precision for Medicine, we believe that the era of one-size-fits-all medication is giving way to a next generation of treatments, medicines that will be more effective because they are prescribed according to the unique biology of an individual patient. Our mission is to help innovative biotech and pharmaceutical companies accelerate the development of these life-changing treatments. Precision does this by developing assays that utilize biomarkers to help identify the right patient for the right drug. We handle every aspect of clinical trials from initial strategy and design to selecting sites and executing quality clinical trials.
- You know how to work smarter – not harder – so that you get more done in less time, even when time is tight and pressures are high
- You are a great teammate and an open and clear communicator, always keeping colleagues informed
- You are drawn to deadline oriented work and are a natural born finisher
- You have an eagle's eye for details and the ability to spot inconsistencies and potential issues
- You stay focused, effective and efficient in handling multiple and competing priorities
- You can work independently, with limited direct supervision, but enjoy working with a collaborate team
- You are an innate problem solver
- You demonstrate logical thinking to gather and analyze information
- You are dedicated in your approach and enjoy financially mentoring others
A glimpse of what your day-to-day may look like.
How will you make a difference? You will support the clinical project teams in all financial areas associated with running a clinical trial. You will support the revenue recognition process on global projects through working with the project teams on the monthly achievements, forecasting, and analyzing backlog by region. You will:
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly invoicing worksheet which is the source document for client invoicing and source of revenue recognition.
- Perform variance analysis comparing forecasted revenue to actual revenue to identify gaps, changes in scope, etc
- Review work orders and change order budgets in comparison with actual activities to help identify out of scope activities
- Perform monthly EVA’s in conjunction with the Project Directors/Project Managers Participate in the monthly project review meetings on an as needed basis
- Provide support to the Executive Director of Operational Finance in the preparation of contract documents (statements of work and change orders)
- Work with brand company Accountant to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close and deliver timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Respond to inquiries from the CFO and Executive Director of Operational Finance regarding financial results, special reporting requests and ad hoc analyses relating to projects
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow and internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related business field
- A minimum of five years experience in general ledger and financial reporting along with a working knowledge of all areas of the accounting cycle, project budgets, financial project management support, Earned Value Analysis (“EVA”) analysis
- Strong Working knowledge of the life cycle of a project with a solid foundation of how the financials and contract status impact each stage of the clinical trial
- Ability to undertake occasional domestic and international travel including overnight stays.
- Fluency in English and, in addition, for non-English speaking countries the local language of the country where position based
- MBA/ CPA
- Experience in the CRO industry
- Experience with Quick Books