The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible in broad terms for supporting thefinancialreporting, forecasting, budgeting, performance analysis, and economic stress testing for Private Banking within Wealth Management. The scope of the role includes participation in the month-end financial close process, maintaining sound financial controls, reporting of monthly financial results and supporting the monthly earnings forecast, annual budgeting processes, and CCAR submissions. The position is also responsible for the proactive identification of financial issues, risks and opportunities that exist in the business, communicating them to finance and line of business management and synchronizing financial impacts in budgets and forecasts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as lead finance contact / support for line of business executive management
- Complete monthly financial close process via review of financial results with identification and coordination of necessary adjustments to ensure accuracy
- Analysis of actual monthly results compared to forecast / budget. Identification and research of variance drivers do develop insightful explanation of financial and business results.
- Completion of the monthly financial performance reporting for use in monthly review of business results with senior finance and line of business management
- Work with business line management to complete the annual budget and strategic plans including creation of the management budget packages that document key assumptions which reflect the input of line of business management
- Maintenance of reporting hierarchies to align financialreporting with changes in the business and to support tracking of new initiatives
- Support CCAR submission requirements and ad-hoc projects as necessary
- 5+ years experience in financialreporting, analysis or accounting
- Solid analytical skills and the ability to succinctly communicate financial issues both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work on multiple deliverables within tight deadlines
- High level of proficiency in creating financial models in Excel and delivering financial presentations
- Knowledge of banking and Essbase financialreporting platform is preferred
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or related discipline is required