Job ID R-304576
Job Description Summary
Reporting into the Region Manager, Business Planning & Analysis (BP&A), Center of Excellence (CoE), the Senior Financial Analyst BP&A, CoE, will be responsible for supporting Finance Leaders, Finance Business Partners, and the Manager of BP&A CoE in planning, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis.
The incumbent will be required to collaborate with Finance Leaders and Finance Business Partners to ensure the accuracy of monthly reporting, quarterly projections and annual budgets as well as to monitor, track and analyze actual performance against plans for purposes of providing analysis and commentary for management decision support.
BD is in the process of a Finance transformation, including the BP&A function. The Sr. Financial Analyst could have a direct supervisory role and will initially be responsible for assisting the Manager of BP&A CoE in establishing and stabilizing the North American BP&A CoE.
Global Process Support
- Acts as a CoE “Super User” for end to endfinancial planningprocess
- Participate in global / site Business and Regional Process Networks to share best practices and drive operational performance
- Act as first point of contact for site end users for questions and concerns to escalate to Process Integrator, where applicable
- Trouble shoot process issues and offer solutions
- Coordinate and / or deliver process training, including onboarding for new hires / roles
Ensure process knowledge is delivered and sustained within their respective area
- Act as primary contact / liaison with assigned Business and Finance Partners for BP&A activities
- Ensures that partners needs are recognized, prioritized, and supported
- Ensures adherence to service level agreements between the Region BP&A CoE, Finance Leaders and Finance Business Partners
- Supports all planning and budgeting effort for the assigned business unit(s)
- Maintains financial planning models, develops and monitors forecasts, trends and supports performance management analysis and commentary development
- Understands budgeting, planning and operational data to run standard reports and develop ad-hocreports using the globally standardized tools.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired in one of these fields: Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or other business related field of study.
- Minimum of 5-five years of relevant financeexperience with a focus on planning, budgeting, financial analysis, and reporting required. Accounting background a plus.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the requirements listed above.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Professional experience in large global multi-segment business.
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 10%.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills for creating insightful and actionable reporting and analysis
- Ability to go beyond the numbers, discern trends, determine the root cause of variances, and consider the broad business implications in helping identify opportunities and improve performance
- Knowledge of accounting policies and procedures – GAAP/IFRS
- Advanced trend analysis, forecasting, and modeling abilities.
- Advanced experience with centralized accounting (ERP), HR (HCM), budgeting and reporting tools commonly found in today larger businesses such as SAP, Workday and Hyperion Financial Management.
- Strong ability to communicate well with all levels of management; must be effective in converting data into useful information and communicating that information through concise commentary
- Experience developing and implementing multi-segment business plans
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft tools (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Access, etc.)
Initiative / Adaptability
- Highly responsive, with a strong sense of urgency paired with an definitive emphasis on quality control
- Ability to adapt, learn quickly and work independently on multiple competing projects and deadlines.
- Self-starter who can think and work independently and on teams.
Communication / Collaboration
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills – Effective communicator with ability to be persuasive and influence senior management
- Collaborative working style, ability to foster effective working relationships and build trust across a team environment
- Effective communicating remotely (i.e. via telephone, video-conference or web meeting)
- Effective working in a multicultural matrix organization.
- Ability to see the big picture while maintaining attention to detail.