The Senior Financial Analyst role allows a highly analytical and technology proficient candidate a broad opportunity to conduct research, monitor key metrics, identify insights and develop written and verbal communications to support a variety of key internal and external stakeholders. The position reports to the Senior Manager of Business Reporting & Analytics and supports both firm-wide corporate initiatives as well as initiatives for the CEO and CFO both of whom are in the San Francisco office.
The candidate can expect to:
- Analyze and report key performance metrics to management, including investment returns for each of our autonomous investment teams, relative returns compared to benchmarks, performance rankings, firm-level measures of overall investment performance and key drivers.
- Maintain basic knowledge of each of our nine autonomous investment teams and articulate to team members information about each team’s Investment process, team organization and decision-making, strategies offered, capacity considerations, and short- and long-term investment performance drivers.
- Read, analyze and communicate internally research related to our industry, our investment team’s strategies and performance (Morningstar, FactSet, eVestment, Sell-Side Reporting, other industry publications or data vendors)
- Provide analytical and reporting support to our executive team as needed; utilize strong internal and vendor relationships to gather information to support analysis.
- Provide financial modeling and scenario analysis to support business decisions.
- Present insights and conclusions to stakeholders in a confident and easy to understand manner.
The successful candidate will possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or M.B.A.
- CFA Charterholder (or in the process of obtaining)
- 5+ years of experience in the Asset Management industry and a solid understanding of various business models, capital structures and trends within the industry
- 5+ years of experience in finance or investment banking
- Knowledge and passion around the active management industry and tools to support data analytics and communications
- Expertise in performance calculations, index construction and performance measurement, attribution, and portfolio statistics
- Proficiency with analytical data tools such as Morningstar and FactSet, and Tableau to analyze large sets of data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly PowerPoint and Excel pivot tables
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superb client service orientation, including a positive, collegial attitude with a high degree of professionalism
- Willingness to travel as needed
Artisan Partners Limited Partnership is an equal opportunity employer. Artisan Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.