Alcoa Corporation is a global industry leader in the production of bauxite, alumina and aluminum, enhanced by a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa Corporation draws on the innovation culture, customer relationships and strong brand of ParentCo. Previously known as the Aluminum Company of America, ParentCo pioneered the aluminum industry 128 years ago with the discovery of the first commercial process for the affordable production of aluminum. Since the discovery, Alcoa aluminum was used in the Wright brothers’ first flight (1903), ParentCo helped produce the first aluminum-sheathed skyscraper (1952), the first all-aluminum vehicle frame (1994) and the first aluminum beer bottle (2004). Today, Alcoa Corporation extends this heritage of product and process innovation as it strives to continuously redefine world-class operational performance at its locations, while partnering with its customers across its range of global products. We believe that the lightweight capabilities and enhanced performance attributes that aluminum offers across a number of end markets are in increasingly high demand and underpin strong growth prospects for Alcoa Corporation. Alcoa Corporation’s operations encompass all major production processes in the primary aluminum industry value chain, which we believe provides Alcoa Corporation with a strong platform from which to serve our customers in each critical segment.
Perform key financialreporting and analysis processes within Warrick Operations and has primary responsibility for the review, consolidation and preparation of the weekly forecasts files and monthly/quarterly reporting packages. Assist the Controller with other strategic and business analysis as required.
- Drive improved linkage and standardization of financialprocesses
- Use and improve key financialreporting and analysis systems
- Provide monthly financial management reporting & analysis to Controller
- Support monthly BU financial analysis and closing
- Prepare presentations for executive review and use
- Perform special project work as required to address a myriad of complex, non-standard analysis to support executive decisions
- Expert at Microsoft Excel, all Hyperion planning and reporting applications, Oracle/Essbase querying
- The incumbent needs to be comfortable analyzing complex problems, working on ambiguous projects, making decisions and presenting results of analysis
- Strong communication skills
- Incumbent needs to be able to get into the details to understand issues, but be able to explain things in a concise manner
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related function
5-7 years of experience in financialreporting, analysis, shared services, audit, purchasing or engineering