Advantage Rent a Car is the fourth largest car rental company in the US, serving major airports in over 40 locations. With the youngest fleet in our industry and one of the fastest growing rental car companies in the nation, our dynamic company is looking for motivated, enthusiastic and customer service oriented individuals to join our team. If you enjoy representing a powerful, innovative and trusted brand, Advantage is the place for you.
Our goal is to deliver superior customer service, respect, expertise and responsiveness to our customers. As stewards of our company, you will be responsible for awarding every customer with a positive rental experience.
At AEZ, we have three simple goals, with many ways in which to deliver them.
- We should never disappoint a customer. We greet and treat every customer as we expect our friends and family to be treated
- We should never disappoint an associate. We show each other the respect and regard we expect for ourselves.
- We should always protect our assets. We maintain our vehicles and our spaces like our own.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for predictive, financial analysis geared at specific profitability and productivity initiatives, high quality thinking and applied financial modelling. The Sr. Financial Analyst will also be responsible for financial reporting of key lender and private equity packages, a monthly analysis of key metrics and proactive P&L expense and variance reviews, identifying trends and opportunities in the business. The Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in the refinement and continued evolution of models and reports that support our budget and forecast processes. The successful candidate will work cross-functionally to help business partners identify opportunities for revenue maximization and/or expense abatement. Direct reports to the Director of Strategy and Analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- An integral player in the budget and forecast process, who will be responsible for store-specific expenses, as well as corporate admin departments. Will consistently run variances to budget and provide guidance on trends, strategies to get back to the budget, and recommend changes to the Forecast.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of financialreports, operating statements and key metrics used by management. Develop new and innovative reporting through existing tools and implementation of new reporting technology and improved automation.
- Conduct monthly financial review meetings with business managers. Provide variance reporting and work collaboratively to uncover solutions or opportunities to get back to the budget. Assess future needs of the business and provide feedback to leadership on potential short-term and long-term risks and opportunities.
- Perform various financial analyses or support on projects, cost containment or revenue enhancement opportunities, and related recommendations such as headcount, productivity, or comparative industry analyses.
- Proactively assess risk, develop alternatives, and implement recommendations to ensure the business unit meets their financial and strategic commitments.
- Develop an iterative financialforecasting process by working with the business.
- Conduct regular financial reviews with management examining actual results compared to budgets/forecasts and forward-looking opportunities/risks.
- Track and forecast capital expenditures so that we have complete transparency to spend; identify potential overspends before they happen, and maintain seamless integration into our cash flowforecasting.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably a degree in quantitative and analytical disciplines including: Operations Research, Statistics/Mathematics, Finance, Decision Sciences or Economics
- 5-10 years financialreporting, forecasting, planning and analysis experience, preferably in a dynamic, multi-unit retail or franchisee environment.
- Private equity background/consulting a must.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Excel, Access, and PowerPoint skills required.
- Experience with reporting/financial tools and a strong understanding of financialreporting.
- Demonstrated experience implementing process and systems improvements.
- Knowledge of GAAP and other related accounting and finance standards, policies, and procedures.
- Proven dedicated business support in a consultative or change agent role.
- Able to work collaboratively with other functional departments and provide key financial and strategic thinking to their business ideas.
- Excellent modeling capabilities including cash flow, discounted cash flow, NPV, and IRR.
- Strong understanding of the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements and creating algorithms within spreadsheets that allow for quick and efficient sensitivity analyses.
- Must be at least 21 years old and be able to pass pre-employment background and drug screens.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Our benefits package goes the distance-with 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacations, Life & Disability Insurance and more. Immediate family members are also eligible. When you join our family, we’ll help you take care of yours.
Additional Benefits: Through Insperity, our benefits and payroll provider, we offer employee discounts on products and services and wellness-related programs to ensure that we are our healthy selves. Most of the services offered are free of charge and open to all employees and their family members. Some of the programs and services we provide include:
- Perks at Work – offering employee discounts on entertainment, travel and products/service and reward points on purchases!
- Employee Assistance Programs, including phone and face-to-face counseling on illness, marriage and family concerns, stress management, and more!
- Online health and wellness tools including, online assessment and screeners, self-help programs & health calculators
- Trusted, on-line health information available 24/7