At Houston Methodist, the Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for maintaining and analyzing data related to the financial performance of the organization and individual departments. The Analyst is also responsible for compiling and reporting information as requested by Financial Accounting, Internal Audit and management. Other responsibilities include the assistance with annual operating budgets and maintenance of a monthly dashboard of key indicators and external benchmarks.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 10 %
1. Interacts with all levels of personnel within the department, other institutional departments, as well as outside companies to resolve problems/errors or questions regarding basic accounting reconciliation items.
SERVICE 30 %
1. Produces monthly financial reports for chairman and administrator or grant manager, to include montly report of expenditures, transfer of funds from various support centers. Provides other necessary reports to individual physicians or faculty as requested.
2. Trains and monitors administrative staff on account reconciliation process and procedures.
3. Assists department administrator and faculty members in developing and managing the clinical/research departmental budget and provides related budgetary and financial reports.
4. For Research: Prepares grant and contract budget proposals as needed. Oversees the department¿s financial files for all grant and donor funding.
5. For Research: verifies all faculty, staff and research personnel are charged to the correct grant sources.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 10
1. Reviews revenue projections, budget revisions, etc. for physician practice and/or for academic department.
FINANCE - 40 %
1. Assists in the preparation of the annual budget for the department.
2. Prepares profit and loss statements for clinical departmental divisions utilizing information from departmental billing system and hospital accounting system.
3. Provides monthly financial reports on clinical operations or research grants, including preparation of monthly spreadsheets, budget variance reports and reconciliation reports for departmental cost centers. Reviews monthly expenditures across all departmental divisions.
4. For Physician Organization: Review contracts/calculate provider productivity bonuses/compensation models.
5. For Research: Performs audit review of grant payment status as requested.
GROWTH/INNOVATION ¿ 10 %
1. Develops and maintains procedures for reconciliation process.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o Graduate of education program approved by the credentialing body for the required credential(s) indicated below in the Certificates, Licenses and Registrations section.
o BBA, BS or BA with a major in Accounting, or related degree is required.
o Minimum 5 years of financial analysis experience in health care environment.