$80K — $90K + • medical, vision, and dental • life, ad&d, short, and long-term
About Ambow Education Inc.-Shared Services (AESS)
The ever-changing landscape of higher education provides great opportunities to seek better ways to serve students, faculty, and staff. Ambow Education Inc. Shared service is pursuing such opportunities to redefine the way higher education operates and serves its community. We are looking for visionary, innovative, and strategic thinkers to help build, from the ground up, a best-in-class shared service organization. Our goal is to deliver cost effective operational services, first class customer/user experiences, and valuable insight into business performance.
Ambow Education successfully acquired Bay State College (Boston, MA) in 2017 and NewSchool of Architecture & Design (San Diego, CA) in 2020. In 2020, Ambow Education Inc.(AESS) was formed to provide Shared Services (IT, HR, Finance & FA) to its member institutions. As an integral part of the shared services team, the position engages with a variety of individuals and diverse student community.
The Senior Financial Aid Counselor is a full-time remote position reporting to the Director of Financial Aid for Shared Services. This position focuses on educating students about the process of financing their education while supporting the institution's mission and the overall goals of increasing enrollment, retention, and graduation rates. The Senior Counselor will be involved in all aspects of financial aid administration, including compliance with state and federal regulations, with a heavy emphasis on the counseling of students and their families.
· Manage a dedicated caseload, providing students and their families with individualized counseling in all aspects of the financial aid process, including verification, alternative financing, and responsible debt management.
· Provide regular outreach and follow-up to students on outstanding items such as incomplete or missing loan applications, financial aid forms, and other documents required for packaging.
· Determine financial aid eligibility of students based on institutional, state, and federal regulations; prepare detailed financial aid packages and award letters and certify student loan applications.
· Perform regular file reviews to ensure compliance with institutional, state, and federal regulations; adjust student aid packages and adjust funds based on changes to students' enrollment statuses.
· Review all pertinent internal and external data and reports to ensure aid is being processed timely and accurately, including, but not limited to, registration reports, ISIRs, and transfer credit evaluations.
· Exercise discretion and demonstrate strong professional judgment when making decisions in special or complex circumstances; seek assistance from the Director and, when appropriate, provide recommendations to best resolve these cases.
· Remain current on all institutional, state, and federal regulations; participate in regular training and professional development on best practices to ensure compliance.
· Represent the Office of Financial Aid Planning at college-wide events, including Open Houses, Accepted Students' Days, student registration events, and orientations.
· Assist the Director with other projects as needed.
· Bachelor's degree required with a minimum of three years’ experience.
· Two years’ experience working as a Financial Aid Counselor required.
· Knowledge of financial aid management systems and/or student information systems.
· Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to cultivate and manage relationships with students and their families; also, must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to self-manage multiple projects while working under deadlines during the year's peak times.
· Bilingual language is a plus.
· Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 to 15 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Stooping and bending the body downward and forward.
· Normal office conditions. Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
· Travel is primarily local during the business day. May require travel to other locations occasionally.
Benefits and Perks
· Medical, Vision, and Dental
· Life, AD&D, Short, and Long-Term Disability
· Paid Vacation Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
The College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Valid through: 6/14/2021