Senior Financial Accountant
Accountix, Inc. is a rapidly growing company based in Santa Barbara, California. The objective of Accountix, Inc. is to use technologically-forward bookkeeping tools in order to empower our clients to make more money, understand their numbers and the tools at their disposal, and to become more fulfilled in their businesses through helping them define and understand their goals. Accountix provides a full suite of high quality accounting and advisory services for small to mid-sized organizations. Because of this access to advanced bookkeeping technologies, we are able to help our clients establish best-in-class financial systems. They are currently seeking to immediately hire this role to assist with their further growth and success. The position is based in the company’s headquarters in beautiful downtown Santa Barbara.
The position will be focused on day-to-day client financial accounting, client accounting projects, and review of client financials. Importantly, the final candidate will play a key role in onboarding new clients and the review and oversight of successfully completing client accounting and bookkeeping projects. The candidate will also preferably have knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn software products including, but not limited to: QuickBooks Online, Excel, Asana, Bill.com, Box.com, Point of Sale systems, Inventory systems, and other web based applications. S/he will have a strong foundation of theoretical and practical accounting in small businesses.
- Completing day-to-day client activities ensuring the delivery of the highest level of customer service and satisfaction to the company’s clients.
- Ability to learn and effectively complete client month-end account reconciliations, accounts payable activities, accounts receivable activities, payroll, journal entries and other key accounting functions.
- Learning and following all Accountix processes and systems while ensuring that all steps are properly taken and executed.
- Taking client projects to successful completion as directed and working proactively with the team and Financial Operations Manager.
- Learning inventory costing procedures and systems (Dear Systems) and accurately following/creating procedures to provide accurate inventory costs.
- Owning all aspects of assigned tasks and projects.
- Engaging with the Financial Operations Manager on a proactive basis to identify new areas of opportunity for clients and/or Accountix.
- Effectively and clearly communicate in writing and verbally to clients and staff.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Motivations
Solving complex problems will motivate the final candidate and who enjoys numbers. The company is a small, young firm, so a cultural fit is important. They are looking for a quick learner who will be laser focused in his or her problem solving abilities. The ideal candidate will have the following motivations and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Math or related field
- 2-3years of accounting experience
- Exposure to small business accounting, bookkeeping and/or business management
- QuickBooks Online experience is highly desired, but not essential
- Both written and verbal communication skills must be excellent
- Confident in problem-solving abilities
- Extremely well organized
- Tech savvy and adaptable
- Exceptional at customer service
- Desire to thrive in a work environment where the client and their needs come first
- Detail oriented to make sure that nothing “falls through the cracks”
- Motivated by growth opportunity
- Willingness to learn from mistakes
- Most importantly – You must like to have fun!
There is great opportunity to grow rapidly in the firm and take on additional responsibilities. The company is projected to grow rapidly in the next 24months and will be adding staff and clients quickly.
Compensation, Benefits and Culture
- Full-time position with competitive starting base salary DOE
- Participation in all of company’s medical and benefit plans:
- Medical and dental coverage
- Employer matched retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Company holidays
- Great location in downtown Santa Barbara
- Stand/sit desks
- Ping-pong table
- Snacks and drinks
- Employee appreciation events
Reporting Relationships and Location
This position reports to the Financial Operations Manager and will work closelywith all staff on a daily basis. The final candidate will be based in the company’s office in Santa Barbara, California.
Company, Culture and Values
At Accountix, they seek excellence in all that they do and in all of the people they work with. They want to surround themselves with excellent people and that is engrained as part of their company culture. Below are the 10 qualities they value:
- Judgment – You make wise decisions despite ambiguity. You identify root causes and get beyond treating symptoms. You think strategically and can articulate what you are, and are not, trying to do. You can smartly separate what must be done well now and what can be improved later.
- Impact – You accomplish amazing amounts of critical work. You demonstrate consistently strong performance so colleagues can rely upon you. You focus on great results rather than status quo.
- Honesty – You can be direct and non-political when you disagree withothers. You only say things about fellow colleagues that you will say to them directly. You are quick to admit mistakes and seek what is best for Accountix rather than yourself or your group.
- Communication – You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand. You are concise and articulate in speech and writing. You treat people with respect, even if you disagree with them. You maintain calm poise in stressful situations.
- Curiosity – You learn rapidly and eagerly about everything. You seek to understand our strategy, market, customers, and suppliers. You are broadly knowledgeable about business, technology, and finance. You contribute effectively outside of your specialty.
- Innovation – You re-conceptualize issues to discover practical solutions to hard problems. You challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted and suggest better alternatives. You create new ideas that prove useful. You keep us nimble by minimizing complexity and finding time to simplify.
- Courage – You say what you think even if it is controversial. You make tough decisions even if they are agonizing. You take smart risks. You question actions inconsistent with our values.
- Passion – You inspire others with your thirst for excellence. You intensely care about Accountix’s success. You celebrate wins enthusiastically. You are tenacious.
- Selflessness – You seek what is best for Accountix rather than yourself or your group. You are ego-less when searching for the best answers and you share information openly. You make time to help colleagues.
- Fun – You make time for fun and make Accountix a fun place to be!