As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Financial Systems & Technology (FS&T) supports Corporate Finance including Controllers, Finance and Treasury. FS&T is part of Enterprise Business Technology team within Wells Fargo’s Enterprise Information Technology Division.
This position directly manages the team responsible for development and support of the Treasury related applications. Those applications include Funds Transfer Pricing, Forecasting, Collateral Management, Basel Reporting, Allocations and Asset Liability Management. The entire combined team consists of approximately 30 to 60+ resources, onshore and offshore, made up of both team members and contractors (number of contractors will vary with number of projects being worked). The Team works closely with the Corporate Treasury and Finance teams.
Successful candidate provides direction and ongoing leadership for a team supporting a highly technical operations organization. Will deliver process improvement, efficiency of operations, capacity planning, and meet service level commitments. Will utilize benchmarking and industry best practices to deliver best-in-class IT operational services, utilizes metrics-based management disciplines to measure progress toward organizational goals. Performs organizational planning and manages staff activities with an emphasis on personal performance while partnering with various IT organizations and vendors to deliver highly dependable services. Drives development and delivery of service offerings, manages projects / programs within area, manages service request pipeline, and plans, analyzes and manages budgets. Position assures adherence to all corporate standards, policies and procedures to attain secure, efficient, and quality functioning of area. Work closely with peer managers in Platform, Database and other COE’s.
Candidate should have experience working in a complex enterprise resource planning environment where the team member must follow corporate policies regarding security, audit, and change control processes. Ideal candidate will have prior Treasury application development and system support experience.
- Manages a large, high level technical area or a large-scale new development with direct impact to organization-wide objectives.
- Establishes operational objectives and assignments and delegates assignments to direct report managers.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have a companywide impact.
- Works on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible factors.
- Erroneous decisions will result in critical delays in schedules and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, division and/or customers.
- Manages through direct report managers who exercise full supervision in terms of costs, methods and employees.
- May also manage high-level exempt staff (in some instances manager may be responsible for managing staff function and may not have direct report managers.)
- Ensures budget meets operational requirements.
The preferred work location is 401 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC. Other locations will be considered
- 10+ years of technology experience
- 5+ years of management experience in an IT environment
- 5 + years of experience managing application development teams
- 3 + years of experience with financial analysis systems development
- 3 + years of experience with capital management systems development
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- 3 + years of experience with forecasting systems development
- 3 + years of experience with modeling systems development
- 3+ years of 3rd party vendor application development experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management
- Experience supporting or directing offshore teams
- Offshore application production support process experience
- Offshore application development process experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Oracle eBusiness software