PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Finance Manager is responsible for financial analysis, planning, forecasting, and reporting needs, as well as monitoring financial operations for groups supported by the Finance Business Partner (FBP).. The incumbent will answer queries from Senior Management and provide insights on BU financials for purposes of planning and reporting. The incumbent will lead a team of Financial Analysts in the creation of financial models to assess business opportunities and respond to ad-hoc questions from the supported groups. Responsible for the tracking and delivery of operating plans through reporting, identification, and analysis of key variances. The incumbent will improve and ensure consistency of accounting controls and processes. The Senior Financial Manager works closely with the FBP to define the Service Level Agreement with the business unit and ensure metrics are met.
- Manages a team of finance professionals. Provides feedback, identifies development or career opportunities, coaches, and conducts performance reviews and salary discussions.
- Manage end-to-end planning activity execution for a specific BU; collaborating with BU resources and other groups for execution in accordance with defined standards
- Leads team in tracking and managing financial performance against project business cases, and in identifying and communicating opportunities to address variances, risks and opportunities for the supported BUs. Manages the production and delivery of standard reporting (including template and chart updates), ad hoc reporting, presentation materials; and financial analysis for specific BUs, in accordance with defined standards
- Strategizes with Finance Business Partner (FBP) and the supported BUs and guides other Finance resources to enable the development of the budget, rolling forecast, capital plan, business plan, and reference rates models/templates, including developing run-rate or baseline budget and rolling forecast models and base case scenarios for "what-if" analysis.
- Identifies services & customer expectations in collaboration with the FBPand Head of Strategy and FP&A and ensures that the delivery of services is aligned with those expectations.
Forecasting and Planning
- Review data for trends, changes, and plan variances, as well as supporting analysis, to develop initial commentary for financial review discussions
- Manages the production and delivery of standard reporting (including template and chart updates), ad hoc reporting, presentation materials; and non-pricing / profitability (costing) analysis for supported BUs, in accordance with defined standards
- Oversees the reporting of actuals, budget, forecast, capital, Position Management, Service Agreement, sensitivity / trending / NPV analysis, and other metric-related information to Financial Business Partners (FBP), Corporate, Business Units (BU), EPMO, Corporate Strategy, and Finance Service Center teams to enhance decision making.
- Support position management by leading the budgeting and forecasting of workforce positions by location, role, type, etc.
- Identifies finance options; prepares reports for management review and recommends action or change for assigned projects.
- Collaborate with FSC, EPMO and others for reporting project costs
- Identifies reporting and analytic services & customer expectations in collaboration with the FBP and Head of Strategy and FP&A and ensures that the delivery of services is aligned with those expectations.
- Work with FBPs, data / master data “owners” and Data Management team to ensure that change requests (dimensions, hierarchies, members, reports, etc.) comply with guidelines
Monitoring of Performance
- Participates in process and project post-mortems, and incorporates findings into new guidelines.
- Ensures effective monitoring and reporting controls are in place across processes to improve KPI performance
Decision Support Guidance
- Provide decision support and guidance to supported groups, FBP, and executive management as needed
- Analyze financial performance of the supported BUs and programs/projects to determine focus areas, and risks and opportunities.
- Support strategic and financial analysis for the supported BUs, including financial modeling, analysis, and development of financial projections for specific business opportunities.
- Analyze and provide insights on financialtrade-offs for supported BUs.
- “Sense check” planning, forecast, and budget submissions
- College degree and 6 years of related work experience, or
- Associatedegree and 8years related work experience, or
- High School diploma/equivalent and 10 years related work experience
- College degree in finance, accounting or related field and 8 or more years of related work experienceor Masters Degree in one of the following: Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
- Experienced Leader managing a team of finance or accounting professionals
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop associates at varying level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding financial, technical, and quantitative analytical skills. Proven track record of developing and implementing value-added financial processes
- Proficient in analyzing and synthesizing complex financial data into meaningful executive summary statements. Must be able to apply Business Analysis techniques to financials
- Superior individual execution skills, critical thinking abilities and team orientation.
- Dedication to meeting organizational and business goals.
- Flexibility in handling multiple priorities in fast changing environment.
- Ability to draw own conclusions, articulate positions, communicate key messages, make recommendations, and influence in a team environment. Strong hands-on problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in PC usage
- Expert skill in spreadsheet applications
- Financial reporting systems experience
- 10 or more years of related experience in accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis is preferred.
- Designation as a CPA or CMA