The Senior Finance Manager will support their VP with data analysis and reporting related to Super Regional Accounts. The role will compile data, perform detailed analyses and produce reports related to tracking and monitoring financial performance against the department’s primary performance metrics. This position will be tasked with supporting the creation of streamlined tools to perform detailed financial analyses and may require some travel.
- This position will typically serve as business partner or “go to role” for the VP
- Lead and partner with cross-functional teams (Sales, Logistics, Operations, Marketing) to develop and solve volume and margin opportunities for related accounts.
- Develop data-driven, fact-based information to support decisions to drive improvement in volume, trade spend, revenue, cost and margin.
- Prepare and review weekly, monthly and/or quarterly forecasts and variance analyses relating to the overall performance of Dean’s strategies and the contribution to the Company’s profitability.
- Assist the functional leadership team with development of KPI’s for assessing functional performance and areas of opportunity for further cost reduction.
- Mine data from a variety of sources within Dean that will provide a comprehensive analysis of Dean’s business for a specific account within Field Finance/National Accounts. Use multiple sources of data to create and implement detailed forecasting and reporting.
Job Description & Requirements
The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager is responsible for analyzing key elements of the business unit P&L. He/she will support the P&L planning process, the P&L forecasting process and specifically focus on the most important elements of the business unit P&L; most frequently volume, net price, and customer margins.
- Participates in the forecasting process for the business, including identifying and analyzing volume and income trends.
- Coordinates the production of Monthly Business Reviews for Executive Team.
- Collaborates with key functional leaders and Field Finance organization to develop and coordinate the Annual Operating Plan.
- Analyzes key business performance metrics (revenue, net price, margins) and identifies performance improvement opportunities.
- Collaborates with key partners to improve business results where opportunities have been identified, including cross-functional teams and ad-hoc projects.
- Participates in developing an operating budget or forecast of a division.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
- May have supervisory responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduatedegree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline. An advanced degree in business is desired.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a financially-related role such as audit, accounting, or planning.
- Ability to utilize financial modeling, critical reasoning, and process analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and a high-level of proficiency with Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
- Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Ability to select, guide, develop, and retain a team of employees.
- Ability to travel and work for extended periods of time to meet deadlines for special projects.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Requisition ID 2018-6363