Looking for a self-driven, motivated individual to serve as the Finance leader supporting a $1B Next Generation IT transformation (NGIT) program designed to upgrade and simplify Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s IT ecosystem. This role will have visibility to the highest levels in company and will be in charge of providing financial governance and decision support to 4-5 Vice Presidents with frequent interactions with the CIO and other L1 leaders. In addition to leading the program, this position also provides oversight to the end to end portfolio decision support activities for the Global IT organization and will have 4 Senior Analysts as direct reports.
This role partners heavily with the IT leaders to ensure that the NGIT program strategies are operationally supported and strategically focused to secure the greatest return on investment. In addition, the individual will be responsible for gathering financial data and perform analysis to influence decisions within the business and to drive cross-business budgeting decisions. Also, this role will have direct accountability for the forecasting process for the program and will be the liaison between GIT and our Enterprise Financial Reporting organization when it comes to reporting requirements and accounting practices for the program.
- Manages a team of exempt individual contributors that support a complex function.
- Responsible for hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that the proper tools are in place to support the team and the processes.
- Leads complex financial analysis for a global business or finance function, exercising a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting and analysis to the business.
- Consults with business leaders to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope (e.g., long-term business planning, product analysis and development, balancing risk, approving significant deals, etc.)
- Proactively drives process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function globally.
- Actively reviews, analyzes, and manages the key controls within the domain of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements (e.g., GAAP, SBC, AFM).
- Manages external vendors (e.g., auditors).
- Provides leadership during implementation of business-wide programs and products.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree and/or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in a finance function.
- 2+ years of supervisory and/or leading a project team experience.
- Travel 10-15% within US, possibly to Guadalajara, Mexico.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent project management skills and people management skills, including managing teams across countries.
- Strong communication skills, catered to a wide variety of audiences and presenting to executives and various Business Units.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Good understanding of the company's policies and processes.
- Excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills.
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.