Senior Finance Manager FP&A
Less than 5 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
The Sr. Manager, FP&A, will be responsible for all financial aspects of the $300M North America Automotive Business. Partnering with cross-functional business leaders (VP Sales and Marketing, Engineering and Operations and related teams), the Sr. Manager will be responsible for achieving P&L and Working Capital results in line with annual or quarterly commitments. He / she will lead regular financial rhythms including development of the 3-5year Strategic Plan, Annual Budget Planning, Quarterly Forecasts and Month-End close variance analysis and related processes. He/she will be responsible for the forecasting and actual results of the 3 separate businesses that consolidate into the North America Automotive structure.
The successful candidate must have a data-driven mindset and analytical approach, with a “roll up the sleeves” detail-oriented work ethic and proactive attitude. He / she must be able to work within a matrixed structure, and balance deliverables as an individual contributor as well as a manager of a team of direct reports or influencer of cross-functional teams. Must possess a professional approach, as this role offers regular interaction with various leadership levels in the organization.
The Sr. Manager, FP&A, must drive continuous improvement and value-add in all aspects of deliverables and responsibilities with a relentless focus on driving growth and profitability in the business.
Primary responsibilities include leading FP&A deliverables including:
- Partnering with NA cross-functional Leadership team to drive business growth and profitability
- Managing all financial aspects including FP&A activities, Commercial Finance and Credit & Collections
- Managing financial commitments, with a focus on identifying and communicating headwinds / tailwinds and the ability to identify course-correction options to maintain financial deliverables
- Leading development of the annual 3-5 yr Strategic Plan, including ad-hoc support to NA Leadership team and CFO, Automotive
- Leading annual Operating Plan (Budget) planning, leading expense planning with departmental VPs (supported by Sr. Financial Analyst) analyzing proposed departmental budgets vs. Prior Yr and Pro-forma, building templates and managing consolidation and upload into HFM
- Quarterly Forecast, including managing toll-gate review comparisons, developing ‘walks’ vs. Operating Plan and Prior Yr
- Month-End close processes, including detailed variance analysis, identifying headwinds & tailwinds and liaising with department leaders to mitigate risks to financial forecast and driving successful achievement of realizing opportunities
- Drive forecasting accuracy by building models to forecast P&L and WC elements with a ‘zero based’ budgeting approach
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate relevant financial and business trends and providing sound business recommendations
- Help coordinate, facilitate, and support corrective action plans if the business begins to deviate from their commitment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with constrained timelines without compromising accuracy or quality of deliverables
- Ability to identify areas or business dynamics requiring analysis, proactively lead such analysis and strive to bring data-driven analysis and proposals to NA Leadership team to influence critical decisions
- Partnering with HR function to manage HC and C&B in line with Forecast commitments
- Partnering with broader Finance organization, including Group FP&A, Operations Finance, Controllership and General Accounting, to support processes and efficiencies and drive synergies
- Ad-hoc analysis and requests