Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking a Senior Finance Manager at our Alpharetta, GA office, reporting to the VP Finance. This position will be the senior financial partner and advisor to the leaders of the Core Devices business in order to support profitable growth by providing proactive and insightful analysis, forward thinking recommendations, as well as financial advice and counsel in the development and implementation of business strategies and objectives.
The Senior Finance Manager will be a key member of the cross-functional leadership team for the business responsible for tactical and strategic, business and operations analysis, business planning, business unit financial reporting and other financial services. This includes presenting financial information in business reviews with senior executives.
Key customers for this position are the General Manager for Core Devices, Global Strategic Marketing Director, North American sales and marketing leaders and global finance leaders. Customers require active participation in the ongoing management of the business including timely and accurate analysis of the business and financial impacts to facilitate sound decisions.
The Senior Finance Manager is expected to be flexible, work independently and exercise sound judgment when making recommendations and implementing initiatives to enable the Core Devices business to meet its short and long-term financial and business objectives. The incumbent will provide analysis, advice and leadership across a variety of project-oriented activities to the business team. The Senior Finance Manager will provide mentoring to more junior level analysts, collaborate with Regional finance teams and will work separately and independently. In addition, the successful candidate must have strong project management skills and have had experience in influencing or leading teams. Also, the incumbent must have a broad application and understanding of economics and / or finance and have operated in a business planning and business advisorcapacity where analytical and critical thinking skills were strongly demonstrated.
- Provide management with financial advice and counsel on all pertinent business matters by supplying ongoing, timely and meaningful financial analysis, both routine and as needed, of its results, capital expenditures and expenses.
- Provide a source of business knowledge and problem-solving capabilities to assure sound analyses, recommendations, and actionable programs arising from assignments involving a wide range of business or financial problems. Perform financial analyses on business opportunities to assure optimal business results, growth, and sound programs and investments.
- Prepare and evaluate financial targets and business plans and analyze profit and loss statements and balance sheets to help ensure profitable operations and consistency with sound business management.
- Coordinate, review, or develop M&A or other strategic requests and support them with financial evaluations to ensure timely and profitable business decisions, and complete audits of projects to determine profitability and achievement or original objectives. Also, ensure project requests meet CFI and senior management expectations in terms of clear, concise and complete presentation and communication.
- Facilitate job process changes to improve efficiency within the team. Also, enhance the position by thoroughly reviewing all the various activities performed in order to improve the quality and productivity of his/her own work and services provided.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance through personal example by adopting a customer-based philosophy in the level of service provided. Demonstrate a leadership style amongst Finance peers and mentor more junior Business Analysts.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates, and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; and clear, yet responsive.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a finance or analysis role; preferably with healthcare experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or other related field
- Strong project management skills – ability to deal with multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Be adept in structuring and solving unstructured business issues, situations or questions
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills to deliver effective, confident and results-oriented communications and presentations, including to senior executives
- Ability to interact, communicate, and influence at senior levels and operate across cultures
- Broad understanding of finance, economics, business management, business/strategic planning
- Functional / technical skills including advanced excel and modeling skills
- Self-starter/ ability to work independently
Halyard Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.