The ideal candidate will have Medicaid health planexperience.
Responsible for the management offinancial results and operations for an assigned SBU. Areas of focus will vary based on assigned SBU and may include customercontracting, rate negotiations, product pricing, analysis ofutilization and medical cost trends, new product development and implementation with customers. May also beresponsible for the management offinancial results for assigned customers,support of profitable sales growth and drivingstrategic initiatives. In the process, builds relationships with SBU leadership, enterprisefinancial operations and other functional leaders to drive performance. Develops and maintains externalpartnerships with key customers, vendors and other constituents to influence the direction of the business.
Essential Functions will vary based on assigned SBU.
- Analyzes monthly financial results, conducts periodic forecasts of current year profitability and develops the annual budget for all assigned customers.
- Participates in periodic meetings with internal stakeholders to discuss results and develop corrective action plans to mitigate risk and optimize profitability.
- Supports month end close process which includes reviewing journal entries, reconciliations and month end reports.
- Actively participates as a member of the SBU leadership team in the development and execution of both near-term and long-term business strategies.
- Performs financial modeling to support the 5-yearfinancial plan.
- Serves as the financial lead for specific strategic strategies including related investment/capital deployment requirements, cost/benefit analyses and evaluation of potential inorganic accelerants to each strategy.
- Leads financialsupport for all sales to assigned prospects.
- Leads bid qualification, pricing strategy, rate development, financial proposal terms and delivery to prospective target (including sales presentations).
- Develops financialreporting platform to enable deepen transparency of expense structure. Maintains cost transparency across entire SBU G&A cost structure.
- Partners with IT leadership team to enhance activity-based reporting.
- Monitors effective utilization of resources and recommends adjustments to cost structure.
- Assumes responsibility for the integrity and resolution of all balance sheet accounts associated assigned contracts managed including accounts receivable, funds withheld by customers, claims recoverables, etc.
- Supports underwriting efforts and financial aspects of proposals for RFPs.
- Manages select vendor contracts and payment reconciliations.
- Oversees FTE approvals and geographic changes within the financial system (i.e. cost centers).
- Provides support to both Account Management and Proposal team to aid in new business and account retention, if needed.
- Supports the finance team in evaluating customer-specific contractual reconciliations, renewals/rate openers and settlements of contingencies under each contract (eg. performance penalties/incentives), as needed. Identifies and communicates issues and cost drivers.
- Performs ad hoc financial analysis and special projects as requested by management.