$150K — $200K *
Responsible for overseeing the finance and capital risk management activities of the bank and holding company through consultation and monitoring. Works with Executive Management and applies effective challenge through monitoring, analysis, and reporting on significant risk and control issues. Assist Executive and business line management in the development of effective action plans. Participate in strategic enterprise-wide projects to drive proactive risk identification and mitigation for financial risks. Maintains an enterprise risk management strategy that reduces risk, promotes operational efficiency, and fosters a high-quality customer experience through implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Demonstrate expertise in the finance and capital risk area(s) of bank or holding company in order to effectively monitor and challenge associated risk management activities, as well as, provide appropriate level of consultation.
* Performs risk-based analysis related to strategic and financial risks relevant to Umpqua Bank and Umpqua Holdings Corp. Works with the Chief Risk Officer and his direct reports to determine areas for review and challenge.
* Applies internal Enterprise Risk Management standards to risk-based analysis, documentation, and communication.
* Prepares risk reporting through the development of financial narrative presented to Executive leadership and Board related to the concepts of Strategic, Liquidity, and Market risks. Provides a blend of historical as well as forward-looking statements on risks.
* Supports the measuring and monitoring of select Risk Appetite elements and metrics by supporting established reporting and completing adhoc financial/risk analysis.
* Perform Risk Reviews of covered departments/teams which may include the consideration of operational risks and controls, financial analysis, data analysis, product/initiative strategy analysis, root cause analysis to facilitate remediations efforts, and governance routines.
* This role will interact with forecast providers and models/tools. A basic understanding of model risk concepts, data strengths/weaknesses, model documentation, and past exposure to models will facilitate financial and/or economic analysis performed in this role.
* May lead cross-functional risk management initiatives and projects that impact multiple risk disciplines and/or business units.
* Support regulatory affairs with regulatory change management initiatives through appropriate level of research, analysis, and development of corporate and business level communications describing impact and necessary action by management, as well as, by providing examination responses and documentation as requested.
* Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes. Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual required or job-specific training. May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert. Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words. Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate. Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
* May perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES May oversee or supervise Risk Analysts.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in finance or economics, or other applicable discipline or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred
* 10+ years of relevant banking experience in Finance, Treasury, or Capital/Liquidity Stress Testing functions.
* Thorough understanding of regulatory guidance documented in Interagency Policy Statements such as Interest Rate Risk, Funding and Liquidity Risk, Stress Testing, and Allowance for Credit Losses.
* Detail oriented and ability to perform financial and data analysis to understand current and prospective financial risks relevant to Umpqua Bank.
* Experience extracting, transforming, and using datasets related to loan and deposit products.
* Familiarity with regulatory reporting requirements and data definitions is helpful in performing risk and peer analysis.
* The capacity to present information in a way so that non-technical specialists can understand the risks being discussed.
* Expertise in financial and operational risk management concepts, best practices, and regulations
* Demonstrate ability to independently manage multiple and complex work efforts, which involves directing other key stakeholders across the bank.
* Possess strong oral and written communication skills, critical thinking, and analytical skillset. Ability to present complex information to a variety of different audiences.
* Advanced skills in Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, ACL, or Cognos reporting. Knowledge of GRC systems helpful.
Valid through: 12/22/2020