The Senior Finance and Revenue Analyst collaborates and guides both internal and external stakeholders to revenue recognition on contractual projects based on FHI360 policy as well as GAAP and FASB guidelines.
Internal stakeholders include Program Finance Leads, Contract Management Services (CMS), Billers and representatives from Accounting & Finance. External stakeholders are generally auditors.
This position also provides
1) financial revenue analysis on projects as it relates to revenue calculations per the accounting system and
2) data analysis for the Revenue team for weekly and monthly metrics, exception reports and ad-hoc analysis.
The Senior Finance and Revenue Analyst must exercise sound judgment and possess strong problem solving skills in performing duties while complying with established policies and procedures.
- Review revenue for compliance with FHI360’s revenue recognition policy and ensure internal system controls such as salary ceilings, G&A ceilings, fee, etc. are working as designed and in accordance with the contractual terms
- Calculate and post revenue within the accounting system. Validate calculation accuracy using various accounting system reports and investigate any issues.
- Apply analytical and system knowledge skills when working with Project Set Up and Financial Systems to identify and resolve complex contract and/or client issues
- Understand and respond to all aspects of the revenue process including identification and resolution of revenue issues through analysis of the Costpoint system tables and reports.
- Responsible for reconciling the Project Ledger and General Ledger
- Identify problems and recommend solutions related to revenue business processes
- Prepare and maintain documentation of revenue processes.
- Prepare monthly deferred revenue entries and monthly billing team metrics
- Participate in Costpoint and CER enhancements as necessary by attending meetings, communicating new product information to team members and testing
- Support and resolve ongoing inquiries, tracking and maintenance of key revenue reports
- Recommend changes to reports and processes to improve productivity and accuracy
- Creates standard and custom reports and conducts advanced modeling to identify key
- variances, drivers, and trends for managers to use in decision making
- Preparation of revenue adjustments
- Foster proactive working relationships with cross-functional teams within Finance and Operations
- Participate in ongoing process improvement initiatives
- Prepare materials and hold training events on revenue
- Prepares internal financialreports and analysis using data analytics
- Serves as a backup for Project Set Up
- Supports the completion of various complex ad-hoc requests as needed
Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent.
8+ Years of progressively responsiblefinancial analysis and pricing experience in a government contracting environment.
- Substantial experience using computerized information systems.
- Demonstrated team leader experience in finance or accounting department preferred.
- Strong understanding of FAR, CAS and GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of Costpoint features and the importance of flags and formulas when dealing with Revenue and Billing, project setup; how they impact the monthly financial statements
- Understanding of contractual document language and project types requirements as it relates to revenue recognition requirements
- Familiarity with GSA schedules and all contract types
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, establish priorities, work independently
- Proficient in creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets, vlookups and pivot tables
- Familiar with CER reporting
- Education/financial analysisbachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field. Or a combination of education and experience8+ years
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experiencepreferred
Requisition - 2017200200