Be where the voice of the consumer meets the value of the brand. At J.D. Power, you?ll be at the heart of commerce, working for a worldwide leader whose intelligence and insights are shaping the way people sell, and the way people buy.
Title: Digital Advertising- Senior Finance Manager- Business to Consumer
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
The Role: The Finance Manager will have a primary role in managing and supporting thefinancial operations of the Business to Consumer website providing content, online advertising and referrals. Critical activities include:
- Analyzing traffic, Google AdWords, Adobe Analytics and other related data to provide actionable insights and analysis to help drive continued divisional revenue and earnings growth
- Provide financial modeling for organic investment opportunities
- Support appropriate capitalization of investments in technology, infrastructure and service offerings
- Developing the monthly forecast revisions for quarterly rolling 12-month forecasts and annual budget through interactions with the business owners;
- Provide analysis during and after monthly close to ensure accurate financial closes and insightful variance analysis for segment management.
- Provide mid-month revenue handicapping based on MTD performance, trends and business input
- Provide appropriate dashboard and KPI reporting on the financial state of the business monthly.
- This person will be the primary point of contact between Finance and the VP of this business unit.
The Impact: The main impact will be felt throughout the supported organizations by providing timely financial analyses and supported recommendations. This position plays a key role in the early identification of situations where revenue and/or profitability is tracking off plan, analyzing the drivers and, where appropriate, supporting contingency planning.
- Be the lead point of contact for Finance with the Business Unit leader
- Analyze appropriate consumer traffic, spend, client campaign and referral data to provide actionable insights and help drive continued divisional revenue and earnings growth
- Develop and maintain quarterly rolling twelve-month forecasts and annual budget
- Prepare variance analyses summarizing major performance drivers vs. plan, forecast and prior-year
- Prepare and present business unit financials in various management review settings
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Able to provide actionable financial analysis and information to senior leadership, management and business managers
- Improve business unit financialreporting to provide efficient, meaningful and actionable reporting
- Coordinate and manage month-end close processes, monthly forecast and annual budget
- Able to work closely with senior leadership as the ?voice of Finance? on the leadership team of the business unit
- Able to identify and communicate major performance and variance drivers of the business in leadership review settings such as our Monthly Operating Reviews and Executive Committee sessions
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, etc., and social media tools
- Demonstrated experience with a Multi-Dimensional Online Analytical Processing data cube system (e.g. Hyperion Essbase; Cognos/IBM TM1; SAP Business Objects; Microstrategy)
- Demonstrated experience with advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, lookups, sum-if?s; macros)
- Demonstrated familiarity with General Ledger tools such as NetSuite, Oracle or SAP solutions
Although this role resides in the Finance function, familiarity with basic accounting principles is strongly desired. In particular, the right candidate will understand rules surrounding revenue recognition, capitalization of costs, and the purpose and execution of accrual accounting
- 5+ years of related experience in finance and FP&A systems including participation in multiple planning and forecasting cycles
- 2+ years of online digital advertising based business experiencerequired
- MBA preferred
- Non-Excel based budgeting experiencerequired
- TM1 or other multidimensional OLAP cube based enterprise planning system experiencerequired (i.e. Hyperion Essbase; SAP Business Objects; Microstrategy)
- Advanced Excel experiencerequired (pivot tables, lookups, sum-ifs, macros)
The Career Opportunity: Growth opportunities are significant, both within the finance teams as well as across the organization. Career pathways are defined, and given both our growth projections and our desire to promote from within the company, the right associate has numerous avenues to pursue a long career here.
The Team / The Business: At J.D. Power, you?ll work in a flexible, friendly, collaborative environment. We understand the value that our associates provide for our clients and for the company, and encourage innovative thinking that addresses the latest industry and technological developments.
Our Hiring Manager says: ?This is a critical position that will be responsible for keeping on top of an ever-changing forecast in a dynamic and growth oriented environment. A successful candidate will be able to partner withassociates within the business practice and the rest of the Finance and Accounting group to provide accurate and timely information regarding the financial health of the business units they support. Additionally, they should be an active participant in diagnosing drivers and suggesting corrective actions when the financial outlook deviates negatively from the expected forecast. I?m looking for someone who can hit the ground running, work independently and be able to anticipate the needs of key stakeholders/senior management. You must be able to partner with the key stakeholders to drive results, and have the ability to summarize complex situations in an easily understood manner. Finally, I?m looking for someone who works collaboratively with finance and business associates to maintain and enhance our forecast & budget data as well as refine and continuously improve our processes. This role will provide someone the opportunity to learn about what it takes to make JDP successful. It?s a fast-paced and exciting opportunity to learn what drives our business model.?
Who We Are
Since 1968, companies around the world have trusted J.D. Power to generate and gather the consumer insights that illuminate and inform business success. At J.D. Power we amplify the voice of the consumer, and help brands improve the value of their products and services. Together, these principles empower everyone in the global commerce ecosystem, enabling better purchase decisions ? and better business results. Beyond our proven process, J.D. Power?s strength is its people. They offer diverse disciplines, talents, and expertise, but share one common goal: to generate growth and long-term value for our clients. Our scientists, Ph.D. level statisticians and methodologists, ensure our research meets the highest scientific quality standards and provides advanced statistical support. J.D. Power represents the science of customer satisfaction in any language, to consumers and businesses worldwide.