The Senior Field Service Specialist will be responsible for serving as a technical subject matter expert on assigned products throughout pre and post launch processes, ensuring successful service product launch and field service strategy, responsible for developing end user and service training curriculum including customer/service training delivery, providing post-sales expert technical service for the day to day activities assigned to field service team ensuring peak equipment performance minimizing hardware downtime to ensure high customer satisfaction for direct and indirect customer accounts.
In addition to the following Epson's policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Field Technical Services
- Provides direct expert technical support to analyzes product failures and makes repairs to quickly return equipment to production status either by telephone and/or on-site repair activities.
- Documents and submits service/repair activity
- Returns parts to warehouse as necessary
- Informs customers of equipment supply items, (ink, etc.) which require replenishment
- Identifies potential customer dissatisfaction issues and resolves or escalates as necessary.
- Makes recommendations for improved equipment performance, and documents and reports repair activity to SEC via service reports.
- Coordinates and works with the field service team to schedule and perform system installations and conducts operator equipment production and maintenance training.
- Applies electromechanical, printing and color theory, including a knowledge of RIP’s and the ability to create ICC Profiles with the installation, troubleshooting and repair of equipment malfunctions.
- Delivers service training to service vendors and partners as assigned by management.
- Performs special research/projects as requested by Service management
Pre and Post-Launch Product Support
- Participates in new product development and beta review of key customer accounts to ensure that the service requirements are met on the product design.
- Assists management in the gathering and analysis of pre-launch technical product data to ensure high quality product and minimize overall customer service costs.
- Provides feedback to SEC regarding product usability, reliability, and serviceability to ensure continuous improvement in current and future products.
- Supports collaboration with Parts Planning in reviewing, setup and acquiring initial parts list (IPL) quantities.
- Assists management in collaborate with Marketing and Legal to develop and launch competitive warranty and service programs.
- Prepares technical training documents and instructions for end user and service training needs.
- Develops and makes continuous improvements to training curriculum and technical Field Repair Guides for new and existing products.
What you will bring:
- Requires more than 50% travel, often on short notice (next business day service)
- Will support customers throughout the United States and Canada
- Provide service training to dealers and other service partners
- 5-8 years of experience in a similar role providing advanced product support for commercial and industrial printing products
- Completion of program at a community college, technical or commercial school or equivalent experience (minimum of a 2-year program)
- Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware and software problems
- Ability to organize and write technical reports
- Ability to read and understand product specification and manuals
- RIP and ICC Profile experience
- Field/on-site repair experience
The starting annual base pay for this role is between USD $85,915 and $112,764. Please note that this position’s salary range may include multiple levels. The actual base is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Epson America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.