Senior Field Service Engineer - Mobility
Spirent is currently looking for an experienced Field Service Engineer to cover Mobility focused accounts. This individual will be an integral member of Spirent's Field Sales Support team and work closely with many of Spirent's strategic Customers and Industry experts.
The Field Service Engineering position is located in Plano, TX and will be primarily responsible for serving our customers at their facilities. This person will focus on customers in the US, but can expect to travel and work in Canada and LATAM. Travel will be approx. 50%. The Field Services Engineer will work with both Spirent Services team remotely and the Sales team located in the area, supporting both the post-sales implementation and deployment of Spirent solutions. All candidates must have a proven networking background and demonstrated capability to rapidly learn and assimilate new networking technologies as our customers require. This engineer must be self-driven, comfortable with multi-tasking, able to effectively set customer expectations, complete tasks with little or no supervision and perform quality work under the pressure of tight customer timelines.
Spirent is its employees. Finding the flexible path to help you realize your passion and ambition is central to our success as a global leader in test and measurement. At Spirent we work together to find the right route to develop your skills and experience, nurturing your curious spirit to find new solutions for our customers and extend your own knowledge. We help you push the boundaries in a culture that gives you the freedom to innovate. Working at the frontiers of next generation technologies opens up new opportunities all the time. And of course life outside work changes too. So we make sure your career path flexes to keep you going in the right direction and at the right speed. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
- Deliver onsite technical service and support for customers.
- Experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and debugging computer networking equipment.
- Tasks may include customer installation and training.
- Promotes and educates customers on Spirent support processes, SLAs.
- Keeps stakeholders (e.g. sales, customer, technical peers, management) informed of actions, and progress on technical product issues.
- Respond to customer inquiries via telephone, online networks and email.
- Communicate with Spirent product teams regarding bugs and proactively conduct follow-ups to ensure fixes are received and tested by customers.
- Advise management on product development issues arising from product problems identified through customer service and product experiences.
- Process and maintain pertinent information within our support CRM systems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Candidates must demonstrate a minimum of 2 years customer focused experience and 4 or more years working in at least 5 of the following technologies: LAN/WAN, Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, DHCP, IGMP, MPLS, TCP/IP, VoIP, QoS, routers, switches, IPSec, IPv4/6, FTP, HTTP, SIP, Steaming Media, network security (firewalls, IPS/IDS, etc.), ePC, Diameter, AAA, LTE, 3GPP, 802.11
- Previous telecom/networking test equipment experience (Smartbits, Adtech, Spirent TestCenter, Ixia, HP, Agilent, Shenick).
- Programming skills in TCL, Python or REST is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work well in a team environment required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or 4+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. BSEE preferred.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, or similar is a plus.