The Sr. Field Service position may require a greater depth of experience and knowledge on L-3 Avionics Systems products or equivalent industry and avionics experience and will handle more difficult Customer interactions, needs, and concerns.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (Responsibilities may be for internal or external Customer support as assigned)
- Provide on-demand technical support to the field via the appropriate medium and continually exceed customer’s expectations.
- Coordinate problem resolution with Customer and L-3 internal functions.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Provide support at Trade Shows and other Customer functions.
- Provide World Class Customer Service by responding to calls and e-mails same day, providing proactive service, and following up to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Support Business Development activities as required.
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine natures and scope of problem.
- Analyzes, reviews, and inspects findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action and follows up with Customers to ensure high satisfaction.
- Maintains records or performance reports.
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modification to eliminate future problems.
- Prepares service handbooks and bulletins based on filed investigations, engineering changes, and overall knowledge of product.
- Assist with special projects, i.e training initiatives, new product launches, technical publications, FAA requirement updates, etc as assigned.
- May occasionally be required to assume responsibilities outside of Field Service.
- Work on Continuous Improvement and Lean initiatives (both internal and external) to ensure superior service to Customers.
- Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established L-3 Ethics Standards, Export Compliance, Sarbanes-Oxley, and Safety.
- It is expected that while performing the job duties, often while unsupervised and away from the company facility, the job will be done while exercising good judgment when communicating with customers, making troubleshooting decisions, and travel arrangements.
- Must be a self-starter who can work with a minimal amount of supervision.
- May be called upon to provide input to management on matters of hiring and performance management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electronics technology, electrical engineering, or related field;
- Five – ten (5-10) years experience as an Avionics Field Service Engineer
- Advanced knowledge and/or experience with collision avoidance, lightning detection, terrain awareness, AHRS, autopilot, and integrated systems equipment.
- Knowledge and/or experience with flight data recorders, cockpit voice recorders, transponders, ADS-B equipment, and other advanced avionics systems.
- NCATT Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) Certification
- Knowledge of aircraft avionics systems and avionics interfacing; or an Associate’s degree in electronics or equivalent and two years experience as described above.