In this role, you have the opportunity to Philips is seeking a MRI Senior Field Service Engineer to support their Imaging Systems business in the Boston area and covering other areas within the territory as needed. The Field Service Engineer will build customer relationships through the effective use of your technical knowledge to install, service, and maintain customer sites.
You are responsible for
- Work to learn, and establish rapport with customers.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and assist in identification and resolution of customer issues. Follow the appropriate escalation process.
- Adopts best practices and actively participates as a member of regional work team.
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements. Adheres to established training, quality, and safety requirements.
- Performs all administrative duties within established Philips and regulatory timeframes including timesheets, service work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders, preventative maintenance, installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Must be qualified and perform work in at least one modality. May be asked to become qualified in and perform work in multiple modalities. Maintains knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends. Seeks out formal and informal training opportunities.
- Assist in the completion of PMs and FCOs and progress to successfully completing all related tasks independently, diagnose, and resolve any electronic, network, and mechanical problems with minimal assistance.
You are a part of
Our Global Sales and Service organization where you will be challenge to deliver best in class service and uphold our reputation by offering top customer experience ratings. You will benefit from the team's growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BSEE/BSEET preferred, or two year formal education combined with appropriate high tech related experience
- 7+ years of experience servicing electronic equipment required; field service in a hospital setting and/or healthcare environment is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with imaging systems preferably Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Cardiovascular (CV, IGT); multi-modality trained and multi-vendor experience is a plus
- Demonstrated repair and troubleshooting skills with imaging equipment is a plus. Additional training provided.
- Ability to communicate effectively, share knowledge and cooperate in a team environment to achieve assigned goals and objectives. Able to perform in a leadership role in some circumstances. Proactively complete assignments.