Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
The successful candidate will act as an integral part of the field service organization by providing services in support of the successful upgrades, installation, commissioning and service of Ovation Distributed Control Systems and Control Wave SCADA Systems.
- Perform a variety of complex field engineering functions related to the application of division products to the customer’s requirements
- Be a lead resources for technical issues on Ovation and Control Wave products
- Analyze and solve engineering problems associated with field installation and operation of control systems and/or control equipment
- Provide leadership, mentoring and direction to fellow team members
- Direct junior engineers carrying out more complex engineering assignments
- Provide instruction to customer personnel as needed for those tasks usually assigned within this position’s responsibilities
- Interface directly with the customer base as directed, develop and maintain good customer relations on assigned tasks with emphasis on total customer satisfaction
- Participate in the writing, review, and revision of field related and/or operational procedures associated with Division products
- Participate in “team” assignments aimed at problem resolution, project/product familiarization, and product testing and evaluation
- Assignments may be at customer sites or at the Division within the field engineering or product line organizations
- Provide complete and timely reports on all activities with emphasis on defining problems encountered, services rendered, and customer reaction to the supplied product and services
- Take leadership for facility operations
Key Competencies include:
- Strong Ovation & technical skillset with third party interfaces
- Individual Effectiveness within team oriented environment
- Communication Skills
- Organization and Planning
- Leadership skills and the desire to develop others is essential
The position requires up to 70% travel.
The position requires a BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSChE/BS Computer Science or equivalent experience in related fields with a minimum of 6 years of field experience or equivalent. An EIT/PE or PMP is desirable.