In this role you would be collaborating with the sales & marketing team to identify and understand our customers’ technical & business challenges and develop appropriate strategies & solutions for customers, leveraging the broad Synopsys IP portfolio.
You would be educating our customers on how our IP products meet their needs and helping them evaluate it (with support from the product R&D teams) relative to their requirements along with influencing the IP product development roadmap by communicating customer needs to the product R&D teams.
You would also be Supporting the engagements via the eventual on-site or remote technical interactions, providing demos, supporting evaluations, resolving technical problems, addressing competitive challenges, and regularly communicating status during the engagements.
- BSEE with 10+ years of relevant experience, or MSEE with 7+ years of relevant experience
- Good understanding of latest SoC architectures and system-level design practices for one or more market segments (mobile, storage, automotive, networking, IoT) particularly from IP requirements perspective
- Familiarity with state-of-art SoC design implementation
- RTL design and verification using Verilog or SystemVerilog
- Synthesis and static timing analysis, physical design flow, testbench creation and simulation, some familiarity with analog/mixed-signal design and verification flows, and basic understanding of package and PCB design flows and technologies
- Travel (~ 15%) required to visit customer, sales, and engineering locations
Strong technical communication skills:
- Ability to understand and present complex technical requirements, problems, and solutions concisely in verbal and written communications
- Ability to analyze, summarize and generate status updates from technical data
- Ability to organize, conduct and co-ordinate meetings involving multiple teams internal and external
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience or technical familiarity with interface and connectivity protocols, e.g. SerDes, PCIe, DDR, USB, MIPI, Ethernet.
- Prior experience in selecting, using, designing, or supporting internal or external IP
- Prior experience in an application engineering or another direct customer facing role