- Developing and implementing a Fair Lending monitoring program.
- Coordinates the required updates to the CRA policy and public file.
- Assisting the business lines and operations areas with establishing controls applicable to lending compliance risk.
- Assisting business lines and other stakeholders to ensure products, services, and other business activities are designed to operate in a manner that is fair and compliant with laws, as well as safe, sound, and commercially viable.
- Perform an annual Fair Lending risk assessment.
- Responsible for the maintenance and reporting of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) used to monitor the bank’s Fair Lending performance.
- Responsible for monitoring and analyzing the KRI’s.used to monitor the bank’s CRA performance against its CRA strategic plan.
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of the CRA Self-Assessment..
- Assist with the coordination, planning, and execution of external and regulatory audits, examinations and reviews.
- Provide Fair Lending and CRA training.
- Monitors for regulatory changes and assists in the implementation of such changes.
- Assists in the management of the risk related to third party relationships.
- Serves as a member of the Compliance Council and assists in the creation and execution of the agenda.
- Minimum 7 years experience in the financial services industry in compliance, legal, and/or loan operations.
- Served in the capacity as CRA and/or Fair Lending Officer
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Knowledge of the laws related to loan origination and servicing including, but not limited to, ECOA, TILA, RESPA, FHA, Flood Act, HMDA, CRA, SCRA, and their implementing regulations.
- Strong relationship development skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Building and mending relationships
- Able to meet multiple priorities and project due dates
- Selecting, developing, accepting people
- Participative management
- Change management
- Decisiveness with insight
- Influencing, leadership, power
- Leading with purpose
- Self-management and self-development
- Coping with pressure and adversity – integrity
- Seeks and uses feedback
- Applies learned complex concepts
Midland States Bancorp, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.