This role can be based out of one of the company's various facilities across the US.
We are seeking a Senior Factory Automation Manager to join a Fortune 500's central engineering department. This role will be responsible for identifying automation & robotics projects across their portfolio of projects. Once the projects are identified, this role will work with factory level engineers and 3rd party integrators to complete the projects.
This is a HIGH level position with a tremendous amount of autonomy.
The Automation Leader will be focused on ensuring the successful implementation of automation technologies throughout the company's facilities. The implementation will be through application of rigorous program planning, controls, reporting, oversight, supplier management, and direct equipment installation. The following is summary of some of this role's responsibilities:
- Automation implementation planning and execution to ensure 90% of processes are automated by 2022.
- Develop Automation Standards in coordination with corporate technology teams.
- Develop maturity of partners to ensure on time execution of program.
- Design and deploy process control manufacturing assessment, a process to introduce improvements into the automation and computing systems across the business.
- Ensuring long term contracts, supplier selection, and PO placement executed to plan.
- Interfacing with internal entities to determine core, non-core and supply chain design.
- Development of integrated delivery system processes as necessary.
- Ensuring process documentation/work instructions in place.
- Support securing capital and expense funding to support program deployment and capacity (both internally and externally).
- Use your expertise in manufacturing, engineering and leadership to develop and lead managers and individual contributors.
- Drive the application of work processes and standards to ensure high execution quality and process efficiency.
- Foster innovation and efficiency every day and on every project.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5+ years of experience with Robotics, Automation or Digital Technologies.
- Ability to drive projects and change in a complex, multi-national company
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests.
- Creative thinking skills.
- Detail-oriented personality.
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Ability to communicate well to other members of the development team.
- Experience with Lean principles.
- Strong business analytical, financial and strategic thinking skills.
- Willingness to consistently take the initiative to get things done.
- Extensive relevant manufacturing engineering experience.
- Background in transitioning manufacturing from development to production.
- Advanced knowledge of the field's standards and specifications.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to focus on important information and identify key details.
- Strong executive communication skills.
- Focus on growth and innovation.
- Advanced professional certification.
- Extensive relevant leadership experience.