The Senior FM is the manager on site and provides leadership and direction to a team of highly skilled technicians and managers in delivering Material Handling, Industrial Automation and Robotics services in a 24x7 logistics environment. This position is responsible for achieving the expected level of service delivery as described in the Service Level Agreements and measured by the Key Performance Indicators. Additionally, the expected levels of service delivery must be achieved at the lowest possible cost, minimally within the prescribed budget for each facility. The Senior FM is part of a National Operations Team that provides services to the client across the United States, Mexico and Canada.
Reports to: Senior Operations Manager
Supervises: FMs Managing Technicians, CMMS Admin, Controls Systems Specialists, MHE Technicians, Robotics Technicians
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Sets overall vision and leadership for the operations team
- Establish and execute strategic direction for operations & maintenance team in alignment with client goals. Ensure all Client and JLL safety procedures are followed. Develop training programs to increase team technical capabilities.
- Coordinate the operational aspects of the properties in a manner which protects, maintains and improves the value of the client's assets
- Inspect buildings’ physical plant routinely to guarantee that building services are at the highest level of quality standards. Monitor and review preventive maintenance programs.
- Utilize data to develop trends and insights that will drive continuous improvement in the site performance
- Manage third-party contractors/vendors engaged in operating and maintaining properties
- Team with Contract Manager to bid and contract for scheduled and operational maintenance and project services
- Transform existing operational practices to leverage JLL tools, processes, relationships, best practices to ensure service delivery is high efficient and effective.
- Maintain Site performance indicators
- Lead/assist in site incident investigation, utilize structure problem solving to identify root cause of failures
Client Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with Client General Manager and Operations team
- Primary interface with client representatives. Collaborate to determine client expectations. Ensures delivery of committed services and overall satisfaction with JLL performance.
- Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in finding solutions for service delivery.
- Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior.
- Work with Sr. Regional Facility Manager and Operations Director to provide the strategy, vision and continuous improvement to drive the facility personnel to advance the quality of service delivery and further the client partnership.
- Foster a collaborative teamwork environment. Promote energy and enthusiasm. Maximize productivity. Motivate employees with recognition and career growth opportunities.
- Ensure optimal roll out and training in the use of standard CMMS tools, processes and systems where possible. Ensure facility compliance with use of the new tools.
- Complete all performance reviews, both mid-year and year-end, on a timely basis. Ensure that individuals that do not achieve excellence or show significant performance problems are coached and put on improvement plans. Work with HR to ensure proper performance management steps are taken.
- Work with the Operations Director to source employee career growth and development opportunities within or outside of the account. Understand employee career growth aspirations to enable matching of firm needs with employee abilities.
- Develop and maintain operating budgets for all sites, meeting targets as defined in KPIs; Provide written variance analysis and forecast to client
- Meet facility specific cost savings targets to contribute to the account achieving significant savings in year one and two of outsourced operations.
- Work with strategic sourcing professionals to identify cost savings opportunities and support their contracting efforts.
- Work with finance and accounting professionals to produce on-time and accurate reports, including cost savings initiatives, variance analyses, etc.
- Develop property specific multi-year capital improvement project plans; Manage the process to complete the projects
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in business administration, engineering technology or related field preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years direct supervision of multi-building operations required.
- Experience in managing MHE, Controls and PIT operations
- Demonstrated experience in managing 24x7 operations in a fast past work environment
- Superior client relationship management skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Ability to plan and manage within budget and time constraints
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation
- Basic understanding of commercial leases, contract documents and routine accounting methods
- Familiarity with and understanding of building systems
- Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision
- Excellent prioritization and conflict resolution
- Proficient in MS Office, and possess strong written, verbal and people skills
- Strong organizational skills and collaborative management style needed
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.