Sr. Facility Manager
A Sr. Facilities Manager is a member of the senior management team navigating between client requirements and ISS Corporate commercial goals. The Facility Manager interacts with clients by providing information about the organization?s services, and proactively responds to customer needs. This role devises strategies and policies to ensure that an organization meets its goals by planning, directing, and coordinating daily operational activities. Problem-solving is required to identify issues and recognize shortcomings and effectively carry out solutions. People in this role assess different options and choose the best course of action, often on a daily basis. He or she, must be able to communicate clearly and persuasively to effectively discuss issues and negotiate with others, direct subordinates, and explain their policies and decisions to those within and outside the organization.
- PRINCIPAL DUTIES
- Advise the Senior Management Team on decisions relating to the facilities operations and performance
- Manage on site contractor, technicians and vendor service providers.
- Stakeholder management.
- Ensure all health and safety requirements and established and followed by on site staff and sub-contractors
- Develop and manage a range of budgets related to site maintenance and development of facilities
- Oversee service contacts and other appropriate SLAs related to the performance of office, landscape, data center and warehouse facilities
- Support and manage building refurbishment, redevelopment and major works initiatives
- Attend senior staff meetings as required and prepares monthly and quarterly status reports
- Supervise all staff in relation to their day-to-day facility requirements
- Manage resources, including management of resource budget
- Show initiative and contribute in a positive way to the effective running of the facility to deal effectively with unforeseen problems
- Manage planned and ad hoc maintenance and upkeep of the facility
- Maintain and monitor fuel and water efficiency records
- Support and develop energy conservation measures
- Negotiate all service contracts for the facilities ensuring that contract specification is achieved and that any errors or omissions are remedied speedily
- Act as the client link with contracting staff to monitor and review of all major contracts and services provided to the facility
- Monitor and address the appearance of the building and grounds, noting anything that may be detrimental to the desired appearance of ?an attractive facility in which it is pleasant to work?
- Monitor and quality control the work of external contractors, including grounds maintenance and advise the senior client during procurement processes
- Manage stock ordering, invoice checking, budget monitoring and keeping records of all facility equipment and tools associated with the facility
- Establish and enforce company and customer goals, policies, and procedures
- Manage general activities related to enhancing work performance and providing services in a safe and efficient manner
- Identify and consult with other executives, staff, and client members about general operation improvements, policies, and programs
- Promote responsibility for safe and controlled work environments
- Ensure that all customer complaints are handled professionally, appropriately, and in a timely manner
- Bachelor?s degree in business administration or closely related field
- 12+ years of supervisory or managerial experience with strong emphasis on customer service in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrates strong skills in: Communication, Decision-making, Leadership, and Problem-solving
- Demonstrates professional and political aptitude
- Experience in Energy Management Systems
- Demonstrate strong skills in all areas related to the maintenance and operations of Electro/Mechanical systems found in office, warehouse and data center facilities including raised floor space
- Possession of all required certifications/licenses related to refrigerants and facility operations
- Background im inventory management (FMS) preferred.
- Strong computer proficiency skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Background in union relations preferred.
ISS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse workforce.