Job Code: STF252
Position Mission: Manage Caribou Coffee Inc. /ENGRI retail store contract services and preventative maintenance programs. Oversee Facilities management of HQ support center building/Lakewood offices contract services, repairs and improvement projects.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Manage PM and contract services for Facilities store maintenance, including: pest control, patio furniture, floor maintenance/high dusting, window cleaning, HVAC, restaurant and beverage equipment, drive thru communications systems, waste management, light bulbs, technician parts orders/inventory, Service Channel, softener salt delivery, snow removal and landscaping.
- Implement and maintain programs for specialty equipment to ensure equipment is maintained at the highest level of operations and the quality and consistency of our core product is achieved in the most cost efficient manner possible. This includes, ongoing preventative maintenance, operations performance evaluation, identification of habitual repairs related to design/engineering deficiencies, etc.
- Manage all preventative maintenance programs assuring their execution and following up on service recommendations from these vendors. Establish a benchmarking system for maintenance categories with regard to store age to aid in the budgeting process.
- Source and manage service providers to provide maintenance and repair for retail stores on a national basis, including but not limited to contract negotiation/execution, performance evaluation and financial monitoring/audits.
- Establish and monitor the cost of ownership and life cycle of equipment within the retail facilities.
- Build visibility and tracking systems for store equipment assets to inform repair/replace decisions and planned strategic replacement projects.
- Partner with FFE sourcing and operations to manage implementation of new equipment rollouts (brewer, water conditioning, etc.).
- Act as the primary contact for Service Channel process administration.
- Develop operations support programs (ABM/GM tool kit and job aids, troubleshooting guides and SOP documentation, parts order guides).
- Complete annual expense and capital budget for Service Technicians PM program.
- Complete annual expense and capital budget for assigned contract services.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and communication when responding to all service requests from field team members. Work as a team member with internal Support Center employees.
- Manage independent contractors for Support Center building services I.E. cleaning, landscaping, snow removal, lawn services, handyman, electrical, plumbing etc. Review existing contracts for cost value, realign existing base of contractors if needed. Additional responsibilities will include managing and scheduling of services, and annual contractor performance evaluation.
- Schedule regular inspections of support center building and grounds to determine areas of repair & maintenance. Work with assigned contractors to scheduled repairs as needed.
- Document and communicate all requests from Support Center personnel concerning building services. This includes HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, lighting, flooring, power outages, etc.
- Manage Support Center Remodels. This will include any physical construction to the support center office facility. This will also include the realignment of cubicles, ordering furniture, and communicating to all support center team members when necessary.
- Manage contract services to keep support center building and grounds in like new condition.
Additional Responsibilities That May Be Performed:
- Complete ad hoc projects as needed.
- This position will interact internally with the Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain, and ELT.
- This position interacts externally with consultants and vendors related to facilities services.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Identify business failures (measure) and implement necessary change.
- Take direction and follow through on multi-step projects/procedures on a consistent basis.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a variety of building and operation systems and preventative maintenance programs.
- Develop and implement operational and administrative goals, objectives and procedures.
- Collect and analyze data to identify needs and evaluate program/product effectiveness.
- Identify and analyze administrative problems and implement operational change.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Prepare bid specifications, issue RFPs, negotiate agreements and administer contracts.
- Provide customer service with diligent follow up to insure repairs and/or projects are completed consistently and in a timely manner, while focusing on quality and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to partner with field operations teams and cross-functional Support Center teams.
- Technical knowledge of standard restaurant equipment as well as HVAC, plumbing and electrical equipment/systems; knowledge of espresso and brewing equipment is a plus.
- Process and systems orientation with strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of budgeting and fiscal management business practices.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of maintenance and preventative methods and procedures used in keeping buildings in orderly condition, and building construction methodologies.
- Knowledge of business practices followed to prepare bid specifications.
- Knowledge of program planning and scheduling.
- A minimum of 5 years facilities management experiencerequired and 4 years’ experience within multi-unit restaurant concept preferred.
- Must demonstrate proven leadership in cost savings initiatives.
- Knowledge of setting, implementing and evaluating policy, procedures and best practices required.
- Experience with asset management and tracking required.
- Project management experience with capital improvements, i.e. remodel/refurbishment as well as equipment rollouts required.
- Must be well versed in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Experience negotiating service contracts and vendor/equipment procurement contracts required.
- Experience planning and managing inventory control for replacement parts for equipment required.
- Web-based asset management software experience is a plus.
- Experiencebudgeting repair/maintenance operating expenses as well as capital improvements for multi-unit restaurant concept preferred.
- Familiarity with work order process preferred.