Job Summary:EMCOR Facility Services (EFS) provides full spectrum facility services to public and private sectors of nearly every market. Managing more than 1 billion square feet worldwide, our people have the optimal blend of capabilities and technical expertise to help clients achieve the highest levels of performance. EFS is anticipating significant growth in the California region and is seeking a Senior Facilities Manager . The successful candidate will oversee day-to-day facility operations and maintenance of medical and businessfacilities that require a combination of dedicated in-house staff and truck based servicing approaches. Localizedtravelis possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs all phases of the facility operations and maintenance program from inception through completion
- Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of the facility operations and maintenance program including responding to urgent and emergency situations and exercises
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities; leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
Serves as program liaison with EMCOR Group coordinating reach back for architectural, engineering, and other specialized support
- Establishes facility operations and maintenance strategies, work management methods, and performance criteria
- Develops project or operational plans aligned with customer objectives, operations and maintenance concepts
- Assigns authority and responsibilities to employees to execute the plan(s)
- Ensures business, technical and customer requirements are achieved
- Directly participates in developing, and administering multiple-site facility projects in accordance with budgets, schedules and performance standards
- Identifies and coordinates requirements with Supply Chain Management to ensure the enterprise has the needed outside vendor and subcontractor support to meet day-to-day and surge requirements at the best market rates possible
- Provides oversight and approval of facility operations and maintenance processes
Identifies program problems and defines solutions such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications
- Maintains an operationally effective organizational structure staffed with qualified personnel making adjustments to both to optimize technical and cost performance\
- Manages geographically dispersed teams of management, non-management, and collective bargaining employees
- Provides direction, development, and coaching to managers and non-management employees
Coordinates the preparation of proposals; business plans; proposal work statements and specifications; operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Ensures federal, state, local and corporate policy and regulatory compliance across the enterprise
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the federal government acquisition and budgeting processes in the state of California
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or an active CFM Certification from IFMA with ten or more years of progressive experience demonstrating increasing managerial and operations experience?
- An MBA or other advanced degree is desirable?
- Candidate must have extensive experienceworking with and maintaining Joint Commission accredited medical facilities?
- Successful candidate must have a proven track record of multiple project management effortsproviding integrated, simultaneous facility support at geographically dispersed locations?
- Demonstrated history with facility and facility systems indicating a sound knowledge of hardware/software and their operations?
- Broad based experience in facility operations and maintenance is desirable – project management, service delivery, supply chain management?
- Must have strong communication, briefing and writing skills, and be comfortable delivering finished work to wide audiences that often include high-ranking customers and senior leadership
- Outstanding team working skills are required