Senior F5/Big-IP Network Engineer
Fort Belvoir, VA
Top Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we are seeking a Senior F5/Big-IP Network Engineer with an active Top Secret Clearance to support a customer in Fort Belvoir, VA and will be involved in network design/build for a multi-discipline engineering team.
- Design and build out technological solutions to support Agency’s in-house application availability and external reachability requirement.
- Work directly with customers to determine requirements for site-to-site redundancy and build out solutions to account for these needs, including failover automation, notification, adequate sizing of real server pools, etc.
- Will work withSharePoint and other application owners to develop an external portal utilizing the F5 APM module, meeting requirements for ease of access, while maintaining 2- factor authentication requirements.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with active Top Secret security clearance to start
- Advanced level understanding of Load Balancing using the F5 BigIP suite of toolsets, Specifically the APM, LTM, and GTM modules
- Experience developing infrastructure to support highly available web applications
- Advanced level understanding of NetworkEngineering and security considerations as they apply to load balancing and constrained delegation functionality
- Experience developing or using community created iRules to support functionality not native to the existing modules
- Experienceworking with the F5 virtual appliance, vs. a physical deployment
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to be able to effectively document solutions and obtain requirements from customers
- CompTIA Security+ or CISSP required to start
- Professional level certification from CISCO, Juniper, or F5
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Palo Alto next generation firewall experience
- Active Directory authentication experience, to assist in development and troubleshooting the APM based portal
- L2/L3networkengineering expertise, specifically using Cisco products
- Exceptional Scripting skills (shell, iRule/TCL, LUA, python)
- Able to perform tasks within strict timelines with little or no oversight
- Experience with Cloud providers/technologies
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at .
@talentorchard @novajobs #cjpost @topsecretjobs @fortbelvoirjobs #bigIP #F5 #loadbalancing #applicationavailability #networkengineer