Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
The Experience Design (XD) team at WT team consists of both Experience Strategy and Experience Design experts. This team is responsible for the overall strategy and design of cross-platform customer experiences that effectively improve our clients’ business results. They’re responsible for the thinking and making of “useful ideas” and experiences that influence the communications, products and services we create for our clients. This team has deep expertise in user-centered design thinking, digital product and service design, CX ecosystem strategy, IA/Content strategy, experience journeys and mapping, innovation experience consulting, prototyping, user interface design and design thinking for connected/smart experiences and emerging technologies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson, Midwest is seeking an Sr. Experience Designer to be responsible creating world-class experience design for a portfolio of clients. You are a highly-proficient visual designer and expert in user-centered design and UX principles. You’re someone who can synthesize and translate abstract and complex concepts into simple and thoughtful design solutions that solve business problems.
You’re someone who thrives at the intersection of data, technology and creativity. You see no boundaries between form and function. You’re a visual design practitioner, with a strong strategic point-of-view about both the art and science behind your work. You’re an empathetic champion of the customer, with an insatiable curiosity for their motivations and actions. You’re multi-lingual, with the ability to collaborate with clients, account teams, digital project managers, brand strategists, creative directors, tech developers to envision and iterate product design concepts, and deliver world-class experience design solutions. You have an ability to look at a situation, deconstruct it, and devise a way to make it better through design. You’re a restless futurist and thought-leader inspired by brand and business innovation and emerging technologies, while remaining keenly focused on the practical needs of today’s brands.
What you’ll do:
- UX Artifacts | You’ll influence the thinking and/or contribute to the hands-on making of the necessary artifacts used to communicate business and CX opportunities and solutions, e.g. journeys maps, user flows, ecosystem maps, sitemaps and IA systems and wireframes, storyboards, prototypes and experience use cases.
- Visual Design | You’ll work iteratively through the entire visual design process from strategy, concepts and prototypes to detailed designs informed by research, to live executions to design optimization, across a range of design tasks: e.g. mood boards, design systems, UI design (all platforms), digital brand and style guides, motion and animation.
- Collaborate | You’ll work closely and iteratively with a multi-disciplinary group that include Strategists, Art Directors, Copywriters, Project Managers and Technologists, serving as the design spark that helps the team conceptualize what’s possible through design.
Who you are:
- Systematic Thinker | You’re an analytical and technically-minded problem solver. You’re a whole-brain designer, with an obsession for data, patterns and how disparate parts of a system work together. You’re relentless about improving the way humans navigate the digital and physical world.
- Influencer | You utilize state-of-the art design techniques and know how to influence and persuade clients and teams by crafting artifacts and deliverables that drive decisions and outcomes.
- Communicator | You have a demonstrated ability to synthesize and present your work to client and internal audiences of all backgrounds. You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills required to make the complex feel and sound simple to your audiences.
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years specializing in visual and UX design across digital and mobile platforms.
- Have worked in a progressive, creatively-driven agency environment that has embraced digitally-led thinking and XS/XD principles as part of the core creative process.
- Expertise in the formal elements of visual design, including typography, color, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity.
- Proficiency in using Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop, InVision, Omnigraffle and Axure.
- Strong conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design, as well as a solid understanding of designing intuitive functionality, interactions, architectures and usability principles.
- Ability to create conceptual prototypes that convey motion and behavior.
- An understanding of front-end development, including HTML, CSS, iOS, and other technologies.
- Familiarity and experience working with WCAG 2.0 A/AA standards
- Proven track record executing UX and visual design tasks for complex website builds involving redesign, site consolidations, IA/content strategy and platform builds and brand integration.
- Experience working across multiple parallel work streams and within an agile environment.
- A diverse portfolio of work that showcases your user-centered design experience, including a demonstration of your conceptual thinking, your unique design aesthetic, as well as your strategic and technical skillset.