The Senior Experience Designer reports into Applico's Head of Product, Kevin Ghim. Tri Tran, co-founder & formerly CEO at Munchery, is Applico's Principal, CTO.
The role of Senior Experience Designer has a special focus only found at Applico. With Applico's clients, this person provides the overarching product design experience to the UI/UX, product and engineering teams building the platform initiative(s). At Applico overall, this role will help create a new design methodology, what we're calling human centered design 2.0. Platforms don't just have one user, they have consumers and producers. Our approach to experience design needs to encompass that duality and evolve the foundations of HCD to create the best experiences possible.
• Participate in design and concept sessions leveraging human-centered research and design thinking.
• Hands on delivery of concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, and prototypes with Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools.
• Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on product solutions.
• Introduce research and trends across a variety of emerging technologies like AI, IoT, VR, and AR.
• Balance customer frictions and needs with our client’s business goals, market viability, and technical feasibility.
• Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including business designers, product managers, engineers, strategy, and c-suite executives.
• Communicate the product’s vision and articulate design decisions and trade-offs to partners and clients, both verbally and visually.
• Partner with internal and external product and engineering teams to ensure designs are properly implemented.
• Work with marketing to develop brand guidelines, online advertising, and websites.
Skills and Qualifications:
• 3+ years experience designing user experiences for enterprise software/services for desktop, tablet/mobile and beyond the screen form factors.
• 3+ years proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch.
• Experience with UI design principles and patterns.
• Design degree or equivalent experience plus 4-6+ years industry experience in interactive design, visual design, and/or information architecture.
• Demonstrated breadth across IA, usability, IxD, and visual design
• Ability to create highly polished design prototypes, mockups, and other communication artifacts.
• The ability to quickly turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups quickly in a fast-paced, iterative environment and proven ability to work with data from customers.
• The ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately, prioritize tasks and goals independently, and rapidly produce deliverables.
• Excellent people management skills to collaborate with colleagues and cross-functional teams.
• A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit with proven ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.