Job Code - JC1314
Founded in 1989, CALNET, Inc. is a privately held company in the Technology, Intelligence Analysis, and Language Services consulting arena. Headquartered in Reston, VA and with a branch office in San Diego, CALNET employees deliver true value to our customers by employing best practices, world class technologies industry expertise in every project.
We are currently searching for a talented, professional “Senior Exercise Planner” in Tyson's Corner, VA.
The position calls for a certified Homeland Security Exercises and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) planner with ten (10) years of experience in the planning, developing, coordinating and execution of all levels of exercise events (seminars, workshops, tabletops, games, drills, functional and full-scale) and reporting the findings/results from every exercise executed on behalf of the customer. The candidate must have a minimum of five years of experience involving the use and application of the National Incident Management System and Incident Command Structure in all-hazard crisis response situations.
Experience in the following areas required:
- The candidate needs to be a self-starter able to effectively communicate with senior managers and coordinate with partners in verbal and written formats.
- Candidate must be familiar with the exercise business model and be able to take an exercise from the concept stage through to post exercise evaluations, after-action reports and when applicable implementation of results.
- Candidate must have the ability to develop products to include but not limited to meeting notes, mock exercise injects and products, exercise scripts/play, after action reports and recommendations.
- Candidate must be able to chair and brief at planning conferences of various sizes and be able to culminate findings in clear succinct reporting that will be actionable to the managers and fellow planners.
- Candidate must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally in support of customer goals. Estimated travel is 15% of the schedule
- Intelligence community or military experience is mandatory as well as previous experience planning Exercises within the Intelligence Community
- Candidates must have strong oral and written communications skills
- Must be familiar and able to use the Microsoft Office suite for the development of exercise deliverables
- Strong background with various Intelligence Community tools and databases is required
- Candidates should have a proven track record working in a fast-paced environment while multitasking (i.e. multiple phone calls, monitor cable traffic/e-mails, tasking from various government agencies, etc.)
- HSEEP certification is highly desirable
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts/Sciences (or related field) and/or equivalent formal military training and 10+ years of related experience.
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly