New York City Transit
New York City Transit is the busiest and largest public transportation agency in North American, and one of the largest in the world with a daily ridership of 7 million trips (over 2 billion annually). NYC Transit Subway serves Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, and Queens, while MTA Staten Island Railway (SIR) serves Staten Island. The fleet of more than 6,400 subway cars travel approximately 360 million miles, along 665 miles of track, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are 472 subway stations, including 117 made accessible to customers with disabilities, via elevators and ramps.
New York City Transit is seeking dynamic and experienced executives with strong management and leadership skills to lead the agency with experience in the following areas:
- Service Delivery
- Field Operations
- Rail Control Center Operations and Incident Command/Emergency Response
- Customer Service focused on delivering operations that improve the rider experience
- Stations Operations including sales, cleaning and customer service
- Electrical/Electronics Maintenance
Requisite Skills and Attributes
Candidates will possess exemplary management skills in large complex operating environments and have significant experience working in a strong union environment. Experience leading teams through complicated challenges, successfully managing organizations or departments with limited resources and driving change and process improvement that enhances operations and customer service is highly desired. Candidate should demonstrate the ability to communicate a strategic vision which will increase customer capacity, reduce costs, improve efficiencies, and provide the best possible service to the customer.
Candidates should also possess the following personal attributes and interpersonal skills:
- Highly professional, mature, honest, fair, transparent, trusting, and personable individual with high energy level and integrity that maintains a safe workplace.
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to oversee and manage large-scale projects serving a diverse group of stakeholders across all business units.
- An executive who values inclusion and equity, and is committed to maintaining a diverse workplace.
- An accessible, charismatic, and approachable executive who is able to inspire and motivate others through communication, empowerment, and other motivational strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Results-oriented individual with a dedication to innovation and strategic vision and acts as a champion for change.
- Executive presence and gravitas, with the ability to interact personally with various levels of employees, the Board of Directors, and external stakeholders.
- Intelligent, persuasive, and creative manager who can solve problems, provide realistic solutions, and respond with agility to changing business priorities.
Interested candidates should have strong management, interpersonal and communication skills and at least 10 years of progressive experience in operations and customer service experience in a large, complex transportation agency or other related operating environment.
The NYC MTA and NYC Transit is an equal opportunity employer.