Cigna's Talent team is recruiting for a Senior Executive Recruiter. This position will report to the Head of Executive Recruiting. The Senior Executive Recruiter will be responsible for shaping talent strategies and driving a strong consistent brand for executive recruiting across the US enterprise. This role will support executive recruiting for US Markets and be responsible for turning the business strategy into an actionable executive talent strategy by building proactive recruiting plans to address critical talent gaps, helping the organization assess and select talent for both today's and tomorrow's business needs and ultimately creating competitive advantage in the business and talent marketplace.
- Consult with Senior Business and HR leaders on critical senior talent gaps and drive an effective and efficient talent strategy in support of the business.
- Understand the US business strategy, consult on the overall aligned talent strategy and be able to deliver on the executive recruiting strategy.
- Drive a strong talent assessment process and rigor.
- Proactively share market and competitive intelligence to inform talent, business and organizational design decisions.
- Network and build a talent pipeline with senior industry leaders, assess them and ultimately attract the highest skilled and credentialed professionals to join Cigna.
- Partner with Talent Management and business-based HR professionals to understand and address critical succession gaps and lead Talent Market Surveys to address those gaps.
- Be the primary negotiator and closer with selected candidates as well as conduct thorough reference checks on all finalist candidates.
- He/she will also create a diversity sourcing strategy for the designated business groups; this includes building strong external partnerships with diverse associations.
- Screen, evaluate and qualify candidates, including conducting in-depth candidate interviews to develop a deep understanding of candidate qualifications and competencies.
- Provide written candidate profiles and search status reports and provide counsel regarding the interview process as well as the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
- Partner with other HR partners, as appropriate, to ensure that Cigna is able to attract the necessary talent for today and tomorrow. This includes Total Rewards, Relocation, Employment Law, Learning and Development and Talent Management.
- Select and manage external search firm vendors as needed, in partnership with the Head of Executive Recruiting, identifying the "best" vendor for highly complex and confidential assignments, fee negotiation and managing the firm throughout the entire recruiting process.
- Provide substantive and competency-based feedback to all unsuccessful candidates. Ensure an exceptional hiring manager and candidate experience.
- Develop and maintain relevant market intelligence and regularly sharing that intelligence with business leaders to inform optimal business and talent decisions.
- Maintain understanding of innovative recruitment tools, technologies and best practices.
- Constantly evaluate overall service delivery portfolio to ensure a robust sourcing strategy; a positive and ever-improving customer-centric candidate and stakeholder experience; an assessment and selection process aligned with the needs of the role, the business and our culture; and a transition to an onboarding program that enables the effective assimilation of new hires.
- Ensure consistency in how we market and position Cigna, working to evolve our online and visual standards for advertisement and communications in support of establishing the company as a premiere employer.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 10 years direct, relevant and recent experience in recruiting executives in a retained search firm, agency or corporation required.
- Experience in both a corporate environment and a search firm preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit diverse individuals and ability to negotiate and consult on complex compensation packages required.
- Understanding of legal issues that impact executive recruiting activities, namely restrictive covenants required.
- Exceptional assessment and interviewing skills and a strong command of assessment and selection methodologies, instruments and processes required.
- Track record of flawless execution and a strong ability to multi-task in a fast paced, deadline-oriented, high-demand environment with tight deliverables
- Superb organizational and follow-up skills; ability to prioritize and process a high volume of work for multiple team members while maintaining the highest quality
- Ability to work successfully in an environment with high visibility and the ability to manage complex and sensitive situations independently.
- Experience working with high-level executives and teams
- Sound judgment and discretion
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and database systems required
- Knowledge of web-based candidate tracking system management and reporting preferred (Workday a strong plus)