The Senior Global Executive Recruiter will provide a full suite of recruiting services for their assigned business units. Sources, qualifies and delivers diverse candidate slates for a wide range of positions within assigned client group. The recruiter will partner with Hiring Manger’s, business leaders, and HR Business Partners to set and drive strategy, goals, process, and metrics. Generally specializes in a particular area of recruitment (e.g., Medical Doctors, PhDs, and Executives), has a broad understanding of Covance’s global business portfolio and structure and actively contributes to talent acquisition as an enabler of execution of business strategies. Advises on areas of subject matter expertise and/or leads a team of less experienced or technically proficient recruiters.
The Senior Executive Recruiter also collaborates with business leaders, HR and Global Talent Management colleagues to understand the Covance regional and business unit strategies and translates them to aligned talent acquisition objectives. The Senior Recruiter is a talent advisor who influences business talent acquisition strategy by informing staffing decisions with deep knowledge of the organization and external talent markets.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned business unit: As the Recruitment Talent Advisor (RTA) partner to a specific business unit understands the business strategy and key enablers, including talent. Advises business leaders and hiring managers on labor market information/trends and how such trends impact talent acquisition for their business.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of Covance’s global structure to integrate information and trends from the recruiter’s own and other areas to develop more comprehensive approaches to acquiring needed talent. Is a go to resource and advisor for recruiters seeking guidance or assistance on specific business unit-related issues.
• Develops recruitment plans based on clients’ talent management strategy:
- Influences business leaders and HR Partners in prioritizing roles or markets for increased focus
- Develops and manages annual staffing forecast based on workforce plans
Serves as an internal consultant and talent advisor on best practices in recruiting to clients and senior management; continually research and evaluate the external marketplace to maintain an ongoing awareness of competitive practices, and leverage best practice methods and process improvements.
• Participates in recruitment planning discussions with business and HR Partners.
• Delivers Quarterly Reviews for clients: Prepare metrics/stats, industry updates, state of the talent market and competitive landscape.
• SME for assigned business area(s) for RTA (e.g., Employee Referral Program (ERP), relocation, social media recruitment, conferences and events) and provide guidance on SME to the RTA organization and clients.
• Mentor/Train junior staff members on technical expertise (e.g. direct sourcing methods, conference strategies, and industry awareness).
• Bachelor’s degree (or country equivalent) or at least 4 years of relevant work experience as a recruiter (in lieu of degree). Preferred majors for the degree include Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Business Administration/Management, and Psychology.
• Extensive knowledge of Human Resources practices, laws and regulations in geographic areas of operation governing recruitment.
• Expert client and candidate relationship management skills; proven ability to interact and build relationships with candidates and all levels of the organization (including senior management).
• Expert and utilization knowledge of sourcing methodologies, tools and media.
• Ability to work with team members and hiring managers in a “virtual” setting as the position may be physically remote from recruiting team members, hiring managers and/or supervisor.
• Ability to think and make decisions autonomously with limited supervision.
• Strong attention to detail, organization and follow-up skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
• Ability to prioritize a high volume of requisitions while managing multiple projects across diverse position types and/or client groups.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
• Full proficiency with applicant tracking systems; experience with Kenexa iCims a plus. Experience with PeopleSoft ERP a plus.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office: Outlook (intermediate), Word (basic), Excel (intermediate), PowerPoint (intermediate) and PeopleSoft (basic).
• At least 7 years of progressive corporate and/or search firm recruiting experience with a focus on passive executive candidate generation in a Clinical Research Organization.
• At least 5 years’ experience working in tandem with external recruitment agencies with results in assessing the performance and effectiveness of their services.
• Targeted Selection Interview (TSI) certified in interviewing and assessment.
• Demonstrated success in sourcing positions globally at all levels (meeting key performance indicators for recruiting on a consistent basis).
The field of talent acquisition is evolving. Join our growing team and transform the way global talent is recruited.