This opportunity requires someone with excellent organization and planning skills who can work autonomously with minimal supervision, but can also work effectively with others collaborating within a team environment. Seeking candidates who thrive in a very high-growth, high-energy corporate environment that demands and rewards leadership, initiative, resourcefulness, and individual contribution.
- Oversee yearly events calendar and budget and all operations related to these.
- Plan, execute, and lead all aspects of conference sponsorships, including coordination of logistics such as equipment, catering, marketing collateral, promotional give-aways, and company travel requirements
- Work with sales leadership to develop strategy and oversee execution of territory-based regional sales events
- Plan and execute Invoca's annual conference in Santa Barbara
- Lead and execute bi-annual internal company wide events
- Work with marketing demand generation team to lead all aspects of the pre, during, and post event nurture and engagement programs
- Run individual event budgets, with focus on delivering high quality leads and generating pipeline, while maximizing the value of each event
- Coordinate external vendor relationships, inclusive of negotiating budgets and contracts
- Partner with internal departments to ensure each event meets the overall goals of the company
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in managing event participation/sponsorship contracts and fulfillment of deliverables, including booth selection, lead retrieval, bag drops, advertisements, etc.
- Direct pre-event operations, including: venue selection, budget creation and forecasting, outstanding contract negotiation, booth preparations, event staffing, signage creation, ordering collateral and promotional items, purchasing and shipping supplies, housing and travel coordination, on-site services, etc.
- Experience managing the multi-channel event experience to boost event engagement and return on investment, including email, direct mail, web, and social marketing programs
- Experience running large scale events (ex customer conferences), including planning, execution, and reporting.
- Strong ability to operate in a start-up environment and manage a high-volume event calendar.
- Able to work in a complex, highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent written and spoken communication with the ability to write marketing collateral in multiple tones/voices as appropriate
- Outstanding organization skills and be deadline and schedule oriented, yet able to flex with dynamically changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to be poised and effective during fast paced situations; ability to anticipate issues and have (or quickly develop) contingency plans.
- Strong knowledge of the tradeshow industry and 'must-attend' digital marketing events, knowledge of B2C industry-specific (Insurance, Financial Services, Healthcare, etc) events a plus
- Min 5 years of successful field marketing experience for B2B high tech, SaaS and/or Cloud industry.
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketo, and event management platforms
- Travel: Approximately 1-2 events per month.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related field