SC Johnson is seeking a seasoned Senior Events Program Manager with worldly experience to join our Corporate Services team. This position will manage and deliver all of the company’s corporate events, conferences and other programs designed for SCJ’s executives, employees, customers and partners.
This includes being directly responsible for leading the event development process and the project management of various aspects of SCJ’s largest, most strategic and high visibility event programs, from inception to completion.
This role requires a proven track record of bringing creative solutions, passions and powers of engagement to execute a wide range of events e.g. high profile events, gala dinners, sales conferences, private parties, and other high end occasions anywhere in the world.
The position requires global event expertise, a savviness for latest trends in meetings and the gravitas to lead events sponsored by the most Senior Leaders and Officers of SCJ.
• Delivering the highest quality, meaningful and memorable events and program experiences for SCJ's leadership, employees, customers, and influencers that reflect the SCJ brand and company culture.
• Making an impact with your knowledge, experience, passion and connections with internal stakeholders.
• Communicating and engaging effectively and efficiently with senior stakeholders throughout SCJ, acting as point of contact for the events and programs that fall within the scope of this role. Being accountable and orchestrating activities across all internal and external constituents and work comfortably with leadership to escalate and manage challenges.
• Delivering confident and creative recommendations on menu selection, room layout, product selection, décor, entertainment and overall event details.
• Creating and managing budget, project plan, and timelines to keep projects on time and on budget.
• Collaborating and communicating across the SCJ and vendor team; partners with counterparts (sometimes) around the globe to plan and execute complex events (including multi-site events).
• Negotiating with and managing agencies, vendors, and venues SOWs effectively and professionally. Oversee vendor risk management, commitment to confidentiality and contractor service agreements to ensure that company standards are met.
• Working closely with direct manager and across the facilities & corporate services team to execute efficiently. Confidently knowing when to work independently and knowing when to engage management and counterparts in other parts of the organization.
• Managing the event processes to include Requests for Proposals (RFP), contracting hotels, entertainment, décor, production, air and land transportation and procurement of vendors required to support program management ensuring service levels meet SCJ standards.
• Keeping detailed records of all planning, proposals, budgets and approvals of each event/program and utilize industry tools and software to add efficiency and process to record keeping and the planning process.
• Ensuring all deliverables and commitments are met and the project is in compliance with relevant standards and methodologies while contributing to the enhancement and evolution of these standards.
• Ability to mentor various team members in the event space. This role will be an exemplary example for others to learn how to deliver the “event experience” that captures SCJ’s intention for gathering.
Required Skills & Experience:
• 8-10+ years of proven success in a corporate and/or high end hotel setting, delivering a wide range of event formats ranging from VIP small scale dinner events to company-wide programs and events.
• Exceptional communication skills, strategic mindset and comfortable working independently even when direction is unclear. Ability to change direction in short order as needed.
• Meticulous attention to detail, organization & presentation skills and the ability to make good, timely decisions while successfully managing multiple concurrent projects with high demands. Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed to respond quickly and effectively to changing demands.
• Hands-on experience with all aspects of event planning and execution, exhibiting abilities to work under pressure, anticipate needs and juggle many tasks at once to meet tight deadlines.
• Possession of impeccable tastes and passion for continuous learning about industry best practices and latest trends.
• Ability to stay one step ahead in event execution while having creative and suitable solutions to unforeseen threats and triple checking every detail to ensure success.
• Resourceful, confident, flexible self-starter with a sense of urgency and a strong work ethic.
• Excellent team player; able to build and maintain productive partnerships but also able to work independently and effectively deal with stressful situations.
• Travel (domestic and international) and the ability to work outside of regular office hours as required
• Proficiency in a range of industry information technology tools and platforms
• Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, event planning, related field or extensive equivalent work experience.
• Extensive food and wine knowledge a must, including but not limited to sommelier certification and culinary education.